The Neverhood

Skullmonkeys

Demon's Crest

Sweet Home

Scooby Doo - Mystery!

Uninvited

Missing

159 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • You know, when I was younger, I really enjoyed...

...I wouldn't really consider Conker and Ghost as forgotten as both are still brought up quite often(or else NES Batman would be posted here).
  • You mentioned most that I would have in the first post.
  • I was going to list some...

...but then I forgot. :/
  • Huh, I forgot about P.N. 03. I should add that to my GameCube wishlist.

Man, now I want to go through my boxes of old Nintendo Power issues and see what other games piqued my interest that I've since forgotten.
  • There was a Ghost in the shell game!? Was it good?
  • Advent Rising.

Had it been a trilogy as originally planned, would've kicked Mass Effect's ass (even though Mass Effect is kind of a really different genre, but still :p ). But now, we have only the first entry with a cliff-hanger :(
  • Nightshade is pretty much one of the top ten games ever released on NES.
  • coolsome;621899 said:
    There was a Ghost in the shell game!? Was it good?
    I don't know, but it's been recommended to me and it has an original storyline in canon with the manga directly. For that reason alone I think it's an important title. There was a SAC game too but I heard it wasn't very good.
  • Secret Fawful;621907 said:
    I don't know, but it's been recommended to me and it has an original storyline in canon with the manga directly. For that reason alone I think it's an important title. There was a SAC game too but I heard it wasn't very good.
    Yh I played the SAC game for PS2 and it wasn't great. It was fun but onnly cos I was running around as Batou and the Major otherwise I wouldn't have played past level 1.
  • I would have added Okami to the list, but given that it's actually getting an HD re-release on the PS3 (with Move support)... good times.

I haven't played all those games mentioned, but I can comment on a couple. So...

Eternal Darkness - Good game. Bloody good game. It's like Resident Evil if it was, y'know, good.

Fragile Dreams - Farewell Ruins to the Moon - When I tried this, I seem to recall it having an incredibly slow start. Like, I played for an hour and not a lot happened. I'm sure it picked up, but oof. Not a great way to entice players.

Starfox Adventures - Leaving aside the fact that this was Starfox in nothing but name (it's basically a Zelda ripoff), it's also one of the easiest games I've ever played. Like, I can play all the way through without dying once. ONCE. The combat was repetitive, the shopkeeper was annoying, the combat was repetitive, the puzzles weren't challenging, the combat was repetitive, the ship sections were pale imitations, the combat was repetitive, the characters were bland & annoying and the combat was repetitive. Also, repetitive combat. Not sure if I mentioned that.

The Legend of Oasis - I only briefly played this to get an achievement in the PS3 Sega Mega Drive Collection, but it seemed like a fun Zelda-like game. I'm guessing Beyond Oasis was a sequel?

Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts - This is a perfectly fine game, with one fatal flaw. THIS IS NOT A BANJO-KAZOOIE GAME. It's a completely different game with the BK license slapped all over it. It's not a true successor to the series and it's not the game fans wanted. THAT is what's wrong with this game. Also, JonTron review. It is hilarious, as is all his stuff.

Conker's Bad Fur Day - Yes. We need either a sequel to this game (and not one that focuses on the Tediz war that the head of Rare said somewhere) or another completely different game that has much the same feel. Live and Reloaded doesn't count. God, what happened to you Rare? You used to be cool.

PK - Out of the Shadows - I own this game on the Gamecube, and I can tell you why people didn't buy it. It takes Donald Duck, turns him into a 'superhero', changes his voice and has him shooting aliens. ...yeah. It's actually a pretty solid game, but it's so left field it baffles me why they made it.

Earthbound - FUCK. YES. I'm playing through a hack of it that basically adds a New Game + mode. Can't wait until I finish and play through again, dominating those f**king bees. Yeah.

P.N.03 - Another game I own (somewhere). This was an odd game to say the least, but it wasn't bad at all. It was a pretty fun shooter. Weird, but fun.
Add Comment