User Avatar Image

Games That Deserve To Be Forgotten

posted by Rather Dashing on - last edited - Viewed by 4.6K users
Back to the Future: The "Game"

304 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Johro;622715 said:
    Fuck that game!

The only modern console game I've purchased used. I then threw it out as to not ruin anyone else's life.
    Least you only paid a used price. I paid full price for it. What a waste of money!
  • Rather Dashing;622859 said:
    "Fallout" 3

[Snipped picture]
    OK. Quick question. Remove the fact it's called Fallout. Is it still a good game?

As for me...

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator
    der_ketzer;622744 said:

I could have named Bastion too because I really hate it but the main reason I got it was not the hype but the soundtrack. And the soundtrack actually delivered what I wanted from it...
    I liked Bastion, I really did! But there were quite a lot of flaws in it also. I think I rather would have wanted a "real" Chaos Engine clone. My Korb-signed Bastion soundtrack has arrived in the meantime... ;)

Entirely forgettable, however, was

• Darth Marsden;622866 said:
    OK. Quick question. Remove the fact it's called Fallout. Is it still a good game?
    Absolutely not.
  • User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator
    This thread is so weird. Here we are, posting covers meant to advertise these games. ;)
  • Shadowknight1;622765 said:
    Well, if you could ignore every weapon and just run through and homing jump your enemies all the time, then it would've been fine. In Shadow's case, it's the idea of having weaponry in a Sonic-style game that's just wrong.
    I think using guns in a Sonic game isn't that bad of an idea at all. They could have gone over the top with the whole guns and motorbikes and alien killing but... The game's demise was that it expected us to take it seriously -apart from it being repetitive and unplayable at times. It was SERIOUS BUSINESS how their emo hedgehog makes decisions to find who he is --in a story with ROBED ALIENS and HEDGEHOGS BLOWING SHIT UP AND TRYING TO LOOK BADASS.
  • Falanca;622895 said:
    I think using guns in a Sonic game isn't that bad of an idea at all. They could have gone over the top with the whole guns and motorbikes and alien killing but... The game's demise was that it expected us to take it seriously -apart from it being repetitive and unplayable at times. It was SERIOUS BUSINESS how their emo hedgehog makes decisions to find who he is --in a story with ROBED ALIENS and HEDGEHOGS BLOWING SHIT UP AND TRYING TO LOOK BADASS.
    Yeah, the game would be a lot more enjoyable if they hammed it up for the completely cheeseball idea that it was. Shadow could have actually been an enjoyable star of an entire spinoff series if it was just about making things as over-the-top as possible with maybe a few "serious" overtones if they felt like it.
Add Comment