User Avatar Image

Games That Deserve To Be Forgotten

posted by Rather Dashing on - last edited - Viewed by 4.6K users
Back to the Future: The "Game"

image
304 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • This is an interesting thread.

    I like how the topic pushes out the finer aspects of people's tastes.

    As long as we keep civil, there could be some interesting arguments here for either cases.
  • der_ketzer;622913 said:
    I am not sure about Amnesia.
    I forget.

    der_ketzer;622923 said:
    [Portal 2]
    What's wrong with Portal 2?

    You might as well have said the whole franchise should be forgotten, since both games are so similar.
  • Chyron8472;622927 said:
    You might as well have said the whole franchise should be forgotten, since both games are so similar.
    The structure of Portal and Portal 2's single-player are entirely different. They technically contain the same mechanics, and Portal 2 introduces(and painfully underutilizes) a few new ones, but the two single-player campaigns are entirely different beasts. The single-player campaign for Portal 2 is obviously designed with an incredibly wide audience in mind, and is pretty much overly-cinematic garage. Well-written, well-acted overly-cinematic garbage, but overly-cinematic garbage all the same.

    The co-op, however, essentially redeems the second game for me.
  • Chyron8472;622927 said:

    What's wrong with Portal 2?

    You might as well have said the whole franchise should be forgotten, since both games are so similar.
    Wait what no. Portal 2 is a far more refined game with more well thought out puzzles -ironically also with more instances where you have to pixel hunt to find a place to pop up a portal, but that's only for the puzzle transitions-. It also has an overall better tone and personality.

    I think we all should forget Portal 1 instead. Even Portal 2 tries to forget Portal 1.
  • image

    There's little that can express how disappointed I was when I finished this game for the first time. The story was pretty good up until the entire thing devolved at the end. Plus, I thought the puzzles were pretty much trash.
  • I would add Curse of Monkey Island instead. Not that I hate the game per se, I enjoyed it, but still...
  • I don't see why the ending of something the rest of a journey.
  • Farlander;622946 said:
    I would add Curse of Monkey Island instead. Not that I hate the game per se, I enjoyed it, but still...
    Seconded. Well, with a lot of caveats on the "enjoyed" part. It's well-designed from a puzzle construction standpoint....and that's about it.
  • DAISHI;622945 said:
    image

    There's little that can express how disappointed I was when I finished this game for the first time. The story was pretty good up until the entire thing devolved at the end. Plus, I thought the puzzles were pretty much trash.
    image

    BLOOOOOOOOOOD! I WANT YOUR BLOOOOOD!
Add Comment