Skullmonkeys

Demon's Crest

Sweet Home

Scooby Doo - Mystery!

Uninvited

Missing

159 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • der_ketzer;623599 said:
    Nope. Still got nightmares from that game. I want to forget it.
    Chaka Chaka Pata Pon?
  • Those words... I remember there was a time when I would be constantly humming them and singing them in my head, and I even wasn't playing the friggin' game! (it was my brother) ... And now, they're in my head again... WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!
  • Farlander;623602 said:
    Those words... I remember there was a time when I would be constantly humming them and signing them in my head, and I even wasn't playing the friggin' game! (it was my brother) ... And now, they're in my head again... WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!
    Pon Pon Pata Pon!
  • der_ketzer;623614 said:
    You MONSTER!
    Pon Pon Chaka Chaka...

>: D

EDIT: Not even the devil himself can avoid them now! BWAHAHAHAAAAA!!!
  • Darth Marsden;623579 said:
    Seconded. Great game. Wii sequel wasn't as great, but was still OK.
    My only real complaint with the sequel is that you only ran into the original characters once and a while and the game really trolled you with Lloyd for a while...

Otherwise known as Fatal Frame. Quality game.
  • Not sure if this game is forgotten or not, but I've only ever met one other person (who was not forced to play it by me) who has played this game.

Truly, this is (to me) pretty much my favorite RPG. It's fairly simple by modern terms (no leveling up, no skills, just very specific equipment-related builds and ship classes), but it was really a game that allowed and encouraged you to do as you liked with no real moral high ground that you had to stick to to get the "best" ending. All the endings were different and distinct, depending on your actions, and even after the game was over, you could continue to play and do whatever you liked.

I probably sunk a couple hundred hours into this game as a kid. And even though I started out with a copy that I had obtained from a friend, I bought another using a month and a half allowance money (which I had to mail to them because I didn't have a credit card) because I wanted the developers to have a sale from the good time I'd had. I can't think of any other game that I went to such lengths to pay for.
Add Comment