User Avatar Image

That PC Version

posted by SurplusGamer on - last edited - Viewed by 4.5K users
Is it me or has the PC version been kinda marginalised? At least 3 people I've spoken to (plus many more I've seen online) have said things like 'Yeah, but I don't have a Wii' and after all, the only evidence of the PC version is an afterthought at the end of the press release and a small visual gag during one of the adverts. Some websites aren't even reporting the PC version.

I'm sure Nintendo would like it if people bought a Wii under the mistaken impression that it was the only way to play this game, but I'm getting a little bored of posting messages saying 'It's a PC game, too!' Especially as (I imagine) there are more PC owners in the core audience than Wii owners.

Also - and I'm sure this isn't the case - it kinda gives the impression that the PC version is just a quick and dirty afterthought port without much thought going into it. Perhaps the balance will be restored a bit once we have a date for the PC version?
151 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    MarkDarin Telltale Staff
    shade_fenix;62694 said:
    Agreed.

Though I enjoyed their old bass fishing game. :p
    Yeah, there's nothing quite like virtual fishing for old bass.
  • MarkDarin;62788 said:
    Yeah, there's nothing quite like virtual fishing for old bass.
    They'd be pretty easy to catch. All they'd do is sit around in retirement homes telling stories about the people they got away from.
  • say, since it comes in PC, is there a free demo for the game? MY ATTENTIONSPAND CAN'T WAIT TWO MONTHS!!! well it probably can but I've been seeing alot of gameplay samples and it makes it look more awesomer. please don't think I'm a nerd
  • Don't worry I would have to say anyone who posts on these forums can't in good conscience not be considered a nerd.
  • We don't usually release demos until the full game is out, so you'll have to wait. Sorry. :p
  • Speaking of demos.
    Because of the (assumed) nature of the core part of the game, (point&click to hear&listen,) watching teasers and trailers is kind of like playing the game itself.

It's like an adventure! *crickets*
  • I'm a total Wii freak, but I'm not sure which version will be more awesome. Using the Wii-mote to navigate through the world of (Strong) Bad sounds awesome, but I'm wondering if the PC version will have certain advantages. It may not make sense, but I'm just curious.
  • I'm probably going to get most of the episodes on the Wii, but some of them I might have to get on PC instead.
  • User Avatar Image
    MarkDarin Telltale Staff
    Kayube;63546 said:
    I'm probably going to get most of the episodes on the Wii, but some of them I might have to get on PC instead.
    Ummm... Ok, sure. I guess you could do that. I'm curious... why would you want to?
  • MarkDarin;63555 said:
    Ummm... Ok, sure. I guess you could do that. I'm curious... why would you want to?
    It's a secret to everybody.
Add Comment