User Avatar Image

MAC users install instructions - Episode 2

posted by blackvulcan3 on - last edited - Viewed by 6K users
Hi guys,

For those who have had trouble installing "Starved for help" try this and everything should work okay.

Open the game and you will get a message to return to the telltale website to download an update.

Go to your account and choose the Mac icon from the "your purchases" section next tot the walking dead. This is not the second episode, just a vital update. It's about 550MB.

Then once this is done install the game by dragging it from the disk image to the applications folder.

Open the game and now go to Downloadable Content. Episode 2 "Starved for help" should have the word "Get" next to it, click on "Get"

You will now download from inside the game. Do not break connection as it starts again (I found that out at 73%, nice)

Anyway, hope this helps.
166 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I get stuck at 41% every time. Guess the servers are under heavy load. Ill try again on Monday or something
  • I've tried downloading it like seven times now and it either tells me my internet connection is gone or just shuts down, always at 81%, what issss thissssssss.
  • Ok, I'm going to try it for a 344th time now. If it doesn't at least go beyond 27% I'll go outside, start screaming at the top of my lungs, tear my clothes off and run around like a maniac until I get hit by a car.
  • I too get Connection Lost. Tried over Wifi and Ethernet. Same issue...Telltale is up there with EA as the worst video games companies around. They take forever to release episode 2 and now I cant even play it. I will never buy a Telltale game again!
  • What if you didn't get it from the telltalegames website so you can't download the 550 mb file?

Edit: I got it from macgamestore.com. Episode 2 says it's already installed, but when I click "play", it just shows me a black screen with no sound or cursor for a long time and eventually crashes.

Thanks
  • Really!!!

Not working for me either! Is there a fix?

Dom
  • this is getting absurd.. first no update on release date and late..

then it kept stuck at downloading progress..

my 1st and 2nd download attempt stopped at 13%, 3rd one stopped at 70%

i am super frustrated now..

furthermore you can't do anything while downloading.. even more frustrated for me!!!!
  • BooNMiNG, before you try the next time, go into your settings and turn off full screen. That way you can still do stuff while it doesn't download.
  • User Avatar Image
    Macfly77 Moderator
    blackvulcan3;630698 said:
    BooNMiNG, before you try the next time, go into your settings and turn off full screen. That way you can still do stuff while it doesn't download.
    Alternatively, you can use command-f to toggle full screen on or off once you've launched the game.
  • The 13th time was unlucky....and only made it to 65%. Now it crashes on attempting to restart the download. I think the weekend is gone....damn Friday releases....
This discussion has been closed.