User Avatar Image

The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct FPS based on the TV show, published by Activision

posted by Gman5852 on - last edited - Viewed by 15.5K users
So I just received this in my twitter feed...

I have a bad feeling about this.
695 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I smell two-player co-op, regenerating health, ten thousand zombies being blown apart in an hour, and a considerable lack of survival elements in the name of broad marketing appeal.
  • jaybreezy;635839 said:
    Activision has announced a new game based on The Walking Dead. Not to be confused with Telltale’s episodic The Walking Dead adventure game, Activision’s version is a first-person action game based on AMC’s The Walking Dead TV show.

Developed by Terminal Reality, The Walking Dead will revolve around Daryl Dixon and his brother Merle on a “haunting, unforgiving quest to make their way to the supposed safety of Atlanta.” Players will control Daryl as they attempt to avoid detection from zombies that hunt using sight, sound and smell and will choose between fighting them or using stealth to avoid detection. According to Activision, “No place is truly safe for Daryl as he makes his way through the Georgia countryside in this new, post-apocalyptic world.”

Supplies will be scarce and players will need to carefully manage food, ammunition and supplies as they make their way through the game. Daryl will encounter “a slew of other characters” along the way that can help or hurt him. Whether or not these characters accompany Daryl is completely up to the player and “represents just some of the major decisions that will constantly be made while fighting to survive.”

The Walking Dead will hit stores in 2013 for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC. Few other details are available, but check out the game’s official site for more info in the future. Until then, keep an eye out for all the latest announcements about The Walking Dead TV show before it returns to AMC for season three later this year.
    Backstory for Daryl and Merle?

Yup, definitely getting this game.
  • Drake Sigar;635842 said:
    I smell two-player co-op, regenerating health, ten thousand zombies being blown apart in an hour, and a considerable lack of survival elements in the name of broad marketing appeal.
    And they use Daryl and Merles good name and reputation to sell the stinky product.
  • Lars80;635844 said:
    And they use Daryl and Merles good name and reputation to sell the stinky product.
    Crystal ball??? Can we atleast see some gameplay before bashing it? Anything Walking Dead and I'm at least going to give it a chance.
  • Mmm, a first-person shooter where you kill zombies. What a fresh idea.
  • Definitely a smart move to capitalize on a fan favorite. Daryl is one of the most liked characters, so you know that this game will sell.
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zOoth30ylA&feature=g-u-u
    Ok just watched this and checked its info on ign sounds like a half decent game accept I am now looking for gameplay/screenshots anyway thought I would show you lot, sorry for advetising it but yhh...
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zOoth30ylA&feature=g-all-u

Yeah Gman beat me, I didn't see this admitly... But what the fuck?
  • I love your title. Didn't think folks talk like that still.

Thread has been made already. http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31194
This discussion has been closed.