The Breathing Method by Stephen King

Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury

Let’s All Kill Constance by Ray Bradbury

Tortilla Flat by John Steinbeck

Cup of Gold by John Steinbeck
34 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • McQueenS87;635642 said:
    The Little Sister by Raymond Chandler

I really enjoyed this book, and I would love to see it as a movie..
    Stole my idea...
  • Molly Moon's Incredible Book of Hypnotism series
    Children of the Lamp series
    The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian
  • OzzieMonkey;636203 said:
    Molly Moon's Incredible Book of Hypnotism series
    I remember when I was really liked those books as a kid, they anounced they were going to make a movie around the time Harry Potter was really popular and they were making films from pre-teen novels to cash in. I think Richard Curtis might have been some how involved but I don't really remember.
  • Molokov;618620 said:
    You do realise there was a TV adaptation of Stark, starring Ben Elton... I think that's all I've seen, I haven't actually read the book :)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0108215/
    I did not realise that. Is it any good?
  • The Passage by Justin Cronin :) I know that the rights were already sold to a film studio at some point, but I've not heard anything else about it!
  • Storm Front by Jim Butcher

The TV series of the Dresden Files isn't bad. In fact, I loved it. I'd just like something that's an actual adaptation of the books.
  • So it looks a "Thousand Splendid Suns" by Khaled Hosseini is being made in a couple of years. I would also like the Bone franchise to be converted into movies.

Supposedly in the works, but I'm super dubious about the insane amount of pop culture-referencing remaining intact. Even if they could afford the rights to the numerous video games, films, and music HEAVILY featured in the story, I doubt Lord Lucas is gonna allow images of kids landing Millennium Falcons in the parking lot of their virtual high school.
  • They interviewed Ernest Cline on Sword and Laser a short while ago, and he said that the movie version will definitely have to make some changes based on what movie/game/music rights they can get. But yeah, it's a fantastic book and I think the movie will be good even if they have to change some of the references.
Add Comment