User Avatar Image

Generic 'Telltale should make...' thread

posted by Stalkers on - last edited - Viewed by 27.3K users
Was this ever discussed as a potential license? The book series is immensely popular and I guess the license isn't too expensive since the TV series bombed. The stories contain quite a bit of detective work and therefore could probably easily adapted into a computer game, probably as a kind of side story to the ongoing story arc - I mean, there are tons of novellas and short stories already.
774 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • The Lord of the Rings ? No .
    Game of Thrones ? No .
    Supernatural ? No .

The Addams Family ? Yes . :cool:
  • Game of Thrones definitely. The series (haven't read the books) are very character-driven. There's not a whole lot of action in the show, and with a gameplay like TWD that would make for an intense experience in the realm of Game of Thrones.

With seven kingdoms there might as well be seven seasons, each one from one of the kingdoms. :)
  • Voted for Supernatural!

The chance to play as Sam and Dean? Awesome.
  • Sherlock Holmes, dammit!
  • Noname215;638541 said:
    Sherlock Holmes, dammit!
    +1 :)
  • Are we talking about an adaptation of Sherlock the TV series, complete with floating text and lightning fast powers of observation? If so, I vote YES.

I don't know how they'd do it, but they should at least give it a try.
  • The only one of these that I know anything about is Lord of The Rings, which I think would be cool :) This may be a bit off topic, but I would just like to mention the TV show called Psych! I think that would make a great telltale game :) Also the aforementioned Sherlock would be great too.
  • Haggis;638842 said:
    Are we talking about an adaptation of Sherlock the TV series, complete with floating text and lightning fast powers of observation? If so, I vote YES.

I don't know how they'd do it, but they should at least give it a try.
    No, I’m not referring to the TV show, nor am I referring to the Guy Ritchie movies or the Adventure Company game series. Something original, for a change!
  • Haggis;638842 said:
    Are we talking about an adaptation of Sherlock the TV series, complete with floating text and lightning fast powers of observation? If so, I vote YES.
    Do you mean the new TV series ? It's sucks .

I prefer this one :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sherlock_Holmes_%281984_TV_series%29
  • I know this was said in many other threads but... ANIMANIACS!!! If there's one group of carton characters I might adore more than the Homestar Runner Gang it would be these guys. The witty and charming humor is right up Telltale's ally, it would be perfect!
Add Comment