User Avatar Image

So, how are you raising Clementine? [Spoilers]

posted by BlackmesaExp on - last edited - Viewed by 6.7K users
I didn't see a thread that asked this question, so I now ask it myself...

Personally, I'm going for a über-good Clem, who has an excellent moral compass, and who sees my Lee as someone that never steals or jabs people with pitchforks - admittedly, that means she's not very pragmatic, but at least I'm not a monster in her eyes.

I changed my mind after doing some thinking (that thinking being influenced by some of the posts here) and rerolled my game completely - ultimately, the only changes that affected Clem was my choice to steal from the car. It hurt to do it but I decided that she needs to learn that survival comes before anything else. However I also tried to instill in her other good values - I spared the brothers, tried to save Larry, etc...

So, basically, what choices did you make concerning Clem/when she was present? Also, what word did you teach her in the barn? I taught her manure, like a responsible father-figure (with a badass voice) :D
160 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • CapnJay;639930 said:
    Clem will survive but what her role in the future society will be is the question. could Caring K.I.Q.C.S. be preventing Clem from becoming Queen by trying to treat her like a daughter and not a future queen?
    It comes down to whether you want her to be Margaret Thatcher or a dainty little princess.
  • BlackmesaExp;639936 said:
    It comes down to whether you want her to be Margaret Thatcher or a dainty little princess.
    Wendy from Rule of Rose!
  • I/my Lee acts the same around Clem as I do around kids in real life - I won't lie. I lack that kiddie sensor that parents have and just come right out with what I'm thinking. I don't swear, but there's no sugar coating. I have Lee be a decent person that knows the world has gone to pot, but has hope for the future and hope that Clem is starting to feel the same.
  • reno2200;639945 said:
    I/my Lee acts the same around Clem as I do around kids in real life - I won't lie. I lack that kiddie sensor that parents have and just come right out with what I'm thinking. I don't swear, but there's no sugar coating. I have Lee be a decent person that knows the world has gone to pot, but has hope for the future and hope that Clem is starting to feel the same.
    Feel the same way. I know that the world is overrun, but still give hope to Clem.
  • Death689God;639657 said:
    My lee can grab a Gun... besides, an Axe can be better if you Stealth it up. (Which, I think, might be how it'd go down if you could take them all on.)
    Pfff, they already shoot each other in the face with shotguns, and we know we're not staying at the Inn forever. If I had the option when it came time to leave, I'd just have the group quietly slip out and leave the bandits to rape and murder each other rather than obligingly offering myself, Clem-Clem and the rest of the group as new targets for the lot of them. Discretion is the better part of valor and all, it's not very pragmatic to step in their mess if you don't need to.
  • Clementine and Mathilda from the Professional are Complete Opposites just something i noticed today
  • CapnJay;640026 said:
    Clementine and Mathilda from the Professional are Complete Opposites just something i noticed today
    I was watching that movie about 10 minutes ago! Scary! And it was Leon the Professional :)
  • @BlackmesaExp

I guess you concede the point that Lee can handle himself in a gunfight? :p
  • Death689God;640042 said:
    @BlackmesaExp

I guess you concede the point that Lee can handle himself in a gunfight? :p
    Danny says that Lee knows how to handle himself, so I guess it's an accepted truth...
  • BlackmesaExp;640041 said:
    I was watching that movie about 10 minutes ago! Scary! And it was Leon the Professional :)
    not on Crackle:p
This discussion has been closed.