User Avatar Image

Futurama Thread

posted by Hayden on - last edited - Viewed by 3.8K users
This year, on the 10th of June, the first episode of Futurama season 6 will go to air :)! This will be the first official Futurama episode (excluding the feature length films) since 2003; 7 years (for those who can't count)! It's fittingly called "Rebirth", and will be the first of the 13 episodes in season 6, and then a season 7 is also planned - we'll be having a total 26 new episodes! The whole original voice-acting cast is back and Matt Groening and David X. Cohen are still heading the team and writing episodes!

Now, I've known about this for quite a while now - as I'm sure most of you have as well - but actually getting an official release date and episode title just makes it seem that much more real and make me, personally, that much more excited. So how about you? Are you excited about the television return of Futurama? Or are you worried that it may be a failure and forever tarnish your opinion of Futurama? Will the episodes live up to the old ones? And how did you think the feature length films fared against the classic episodes?

Opinions and speculation please.
124 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • The new episode is better so far. Not perfect but I'm enjoying it. It has lots of insecure social constructs in it so far but it's still entertaining.
  • I liked the Leonardo Da Vinci episode.
  • currently watching it, I keep missing the first airing, I'm going to miss a hell of a lot of them soon though
  • Yeah........this series is back. I like to watch this show. And I am very happy that I can watch this show again on TV.

Smallville Episodes , Supernatural TV Show
  • mtorresx7;356604 said:
    Yeah........this series is back. I like to watch this show. And I am very happy that I can watch this show again on TV.

Um...
  • Last nights episode was great if you ask me anyways. It was that brilliant mix of emotion and irreverance that only Futurama can do. Top form if you ask me
  • mtorresx7;356604 said:
    Yeah........this series is back. I like to watch this show. And I am very happy that I can watch this show again on TV.

get out of here, spam artist jerk
  • It's still a damn good show.
  • Even the worst Futurama episode is still a damn good episode.

Last season had episodes that were incredibly touching (the one where Bender has to cope with mortality, the one where Fry got 'late' to a date with Leela because he went million of years into the future) and some that were very damn funny (the last reincarnation episode where we saw Futurama as a retro video game and a horribly dubbed anime? That was HILARIOUS).

So far the new season didn't have any episodes that have made me really feel something emotionally, but they still have been enjoyable to watch and are still funny.
Add Comment