Sweet Home

Scooby Doo - Mystery!

Uninvited

Missing

159 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

First game that REALLY fascinated me.
  • The box art from games in the 80s were simply amazing. Really stirred the imagination. Now we only show what the games themselves can actually present.
  • Vainamoinen;636561 said:
    ...but not the best name for a computer game! ;)
    No... that it was not.

Still, I wish I had a copy of it.
  • Vainamoinen;636717 said:
    First game that REALLY fascinated me.
    Daishi and I reminisced about this one. I was a bit too young to initially really comprehend it, but I always had this feeling that it was special.

I love this game. Perhaps unjustifiably.
  • Jennifer;623088 said:
    Ah, interesting. I liked Banjo-Kazooie and Tooie, so you have me intrigued. I'll have to try the game out. :D
    What I remember about DK64 is that it was a lot more difficult than the other N64 platformers, especially the brutal if not unfair Boss fights, I don't think I was ever able to beat it even the few times when I went back to it.
  • Never heard of Disposable Hero, but I recognize that box art. It's Syd Mead. The Awesome one looks like it could be him too, but the logo looks kinda Roger Dean (of Yes album covers and Psygnosis logo fame).
  • Brain Dead 13. As graphically violent and suggestive this game is, it's a K-A (now "Everyone", which is baffling) rated game that has you keep pressing the buttons to stay alive and should not be forgotten.

• User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator
    I played this one so much when I was little. My dad's friend copied the disks from the 3 1/2 inch floppies that came with it to 5 1/4 inch floppies, just so I could play it. I also bought a Disney Sound Source just so I could hear the voices. It was so much fun. I recently played it again in DosBox just to see if it held up, and surprisingly, it still did. The animation isn't as impressive as it used to be, but the artwork still looks really faithful to the opening sequence of Who Framed Roger Rabbit? and the Roger Rabbit shorts.

The arcade puzzle gameplay is still fun and Roger's comments are still funny. It's still really hard though. :)
Add Comment