User Avatar Image

RUMOR: Nintendo is attemping to buy back Rare from Microsoft

posted by Leplaya on - last edited - Viewed by 1.6K users
http://www.zeldainformer.com/news/comments/rumor-nintendo-attempting-to-negotiate-its-way-into-ownership-of-banjo-and

Found this last night. I hope to god that this rumor is true. If it is, it wouldve took Nintendo 10 years to realize that Microsoft is messing up bigtime with Rare. So if Nintendo gets Rare back, it would be a freaking dream come true. :)
35 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Who cares? As some people have pointed out in this thread already, anyone who worked at Rare that could make a decent game don't work there anymore. Does Rare even still make games?
  • The point isn't the acquisition of Rare, it's the acquisition of a property that can then be handed to a better company.
  • I just want to see another good Perfect Dark. Is that so horrible to want?
  • Comrade Pants;644516 said:
    I just want to see another good Perfect Dark. Is that so horrible to want?
    Suddenly interested in this again.
  • Ribs;644393 said:
    How horrible. Everything Rare has done since being acquired has been great.
    You just say stuff to see how people'll react dontcha?
  • Ribs isn't his actual name, y'know. It's an acronym for Reaction Inducing Bionic Sentience.
  • I do seriously think Rare's done nothing wrong since being acquired, though. Hope they stick with MS for the rest of the company's lifespan.
  • Darth Marsden;644672 said:
    Ribs isn't his actual name, y'know. It's an acronym for Reaction Inducing Bionic Sentience.

I agree with Ribs, though, EXCEPT in terms of where Rare has gone since Nuts and Bolts.
  • Ribs;644738 said:
    I do seriously think Rare's done nothing wrong since being acquired, though. Hope they stick with MS for the rest of the company's lifespan.
    I wouldn't say they've done anything "wrong" but they surely haven't done anything striking outside of Viva Pinata if you ask me.

Microsoft generally stifles creativity, the riskiest first-party game they've thrown money into that I can think of is Alan Wake, and even then that's a pretty conservative game. The rest of the MS purse strings are invested in halo, Kinect and figuring out how to fit more adverts onto the Xbox dashboard.

They're also intent on making Windows 8 the worst thing ever for PC users, but that's another discussion.
  • Ribs;644738 said:
    I do seriously think Rare's done nothing wrong since being acquired, though. Hope they stick with MS for the rest of the company's lifespan.
    Not hard to do anything wrong if you don't even do anything at all.
Add Comment