User Avatar Image

Another LucasArts President steps down

posted by Secret Fawful on - last edited - Viewed by 2.1K users
http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/08/02/lucasarts-president-steps-down-2
LucasArts has just announced that President Paul Meegan has decided to step down from his position at the company. Mich Chau, President and Chief Operating Officer for Lucasfilm had the following to say:

Paul has been a valuable member of the Lucasfilm leadership team and we wish him the best in his future endeavors. We remain committed to our current projects and will be re-evaluating LucasArts’ leadership needs to ensure that we make the right decisions to keep the studio focused.
Hope restored?
68 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I think now is a great time to design pirate costumes to protest on the next Star Wars convention.

"Look behind you, a three-headed wookiee" just doesn't have the same ring to it.
  • User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator
    Secret Fawful;646402 said:
    Hope restored?
    Unlikely. Every new LucasArts president since Jim Ward has made massive layoffs and cancelled projects upon their arrival. With every new president, the fans expect things to get back on track, but the vicious cycle just keeps going at LucasArts.
  • Lucasarts is a lost cause. All they're good for now is licensing.

Transfer your hope and expectations elsewhere.
  • Licensing has been shut down for a while now. The only thing we're even daring to hope for from a leadership change is that they might start licensing again.
  • User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator
    GuruGuru214;646419 said:
    Licensing has been shut down for a while now. The only thing we're even daring to hope for from a leadership change is that they might start licensing again.
    Licensing has been out for a while unless you're licensing Star Wars or Indiana Jones.

Terminal Reality did Kinect Star Wars and Zynga did Indiana Jones Adventure World.

Though, that probably goes through the Lucasfilm licensing department rather than LucasArts.
  • Jennifer;646412 said:
    Unlikely. Every new LucasArts president since Jim Ward has made massive layoffs and cancelled projects upon their arrival. With every new president, the fans expect things to get back on track, but the vicious cycle just keeps going at LucasArts.
    Well there was that one guy who greenlit the Monkey Island Special Editions AND Tales. Even though he was forced to(?) step down shortly afterward.
  • MusicallyInspired;646442 said:
    Well there was that one guy who greenlit the Monkey Island Special Editions AND Tales. Even though he was forced to(?) step down shortly afterward.
    Darrell Rodriguez, our last hope, we got Monkey Island Special Editions, Tales and Lucidity on Xbox Live, which has brilliant design, just needed a bit of extra work on the execution.
  • I personally am hopeful that they will at least consider another Tales season with TTG..
  • I say get someone in there that remembers the heyday of LA's Star Wars games. Rogue Squadron. Battlefront. Great games dang it.
  • That wouldn't be my idea of their best era.
Add Comment