User Avatar Image

Old Sierra dudes

posted by Anonymous on - last edited - Viewed by 1.2K users
Too bad your company can't hook up with a few ex-Sierra game creators. I would love it if someone talented like Al Lowe could get a good company to support his ideas.
19 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • A Leisure Suit Sam and Max series does not seem out of order, but very unlikely seeing as Max doesn't like girls.
  • Heatherlee;3699 said:
    Have him contact us. ;)
    I volunteer to contact Al Lowe. :D
  • Derwin;63552 said:
    A Leisure Suit Sam and Max series does not seem out of order, but very unlikely seeing as Max doesn't like girls.
    RETCONNED as of 204.
  • Locomojo;63559 said:
    I volunteer to contact Al Lowe. :D
    DO it... it's not that hard. Plus he always answers to fan mail. :)
  • I think having Al Lowe in the creative department would be a win-win situation.

Mick and Keith, Dave and Eddie, you know? A 97%-97% miraculous deal.

Try it, the man seems eager to work on a game again.

Cheers!
  • wile_e;3700 said:
    That would be something....Al Lowe. Then maybe we would get a new, REAL Leisure Suit Larry game for PC.
    Or think about it: "Leisure Suit Larry"-episodes!!
  • User Avatar Image
    jmm
    That would be something alright, but Al doesn't own the rights to Larry and VU is actively using the IP by producing (mediocre) games based on Larry.

Still, Al's humor plus all the other creative guys at Telltale.... pure win.... I hope it happens sometime.
  • what are you trying to do here? turn telltale into the who-is-who of adventure game history? don't get me wrong, it's great to see that so many of the veterans from the good times are getting new projects right now...but having the ex-sierra and the ex-lucasarts guys in one team/company? weren't they like arch-enemies back in the day?
    also, you shouldn't always rely on the old, but rather find some new talent...
  • User Avatar Image
    Jake Telltale Alumni
    wisp;64164 said:
    you shouldn't always rely on the old, but rather find some new talent...
    Though we've got some guys from "back in the day"... or whatever (Grossman, Stemmle, Chuck), our design team of late has also consisted of Brendan, Mark, Heather, Greg, and more recently Andy and Jake (not me, this guy). So I think we're doing decently in that department! The forums tend to gravitate to being excited about names they already know (for obvious reasons), but neither Sam & Max Season Two or Strong Bad, for instance, are led by people who were design leads at another game company.
  • User Avatar Image
    Will BANNED
    We actually keep the "back in the day" guys tied up in a closet. We let them come out and interview from time to time just to get some press.
Add Comment