User Avatar Image

ITT: We discuss anime. AKA, the weaboo thread.

posted by Comrade Pants on - last edited - Viewed by 3.4K users
I didn't notice a thread directly related to anime general, so I thought I'd create one. What's the last anime you people watched and what did you think of it? For me, it was...

Horrifying, disturbing, enthralling. I don't recommend it to anyone with a weak stomach by any stretch of the imagination, but if you can handle, say, Tokyo Gore Police or something, then I recommend it.

The last broadly recommendable anime I saw, of course, is the ever enjoyable...

Tatami Galaxy.

visceral, fast paced, surreal. The things this anime gets right are legion and far too numerous to list in their entirety, but the art and story certainly stand out. To say that it's the best anime of the past five years is damning it with faint praise. It's really of sufficient quality to match the depth and craftsmanship of some of the 90's higher quality anime.

Go, my fellow weebs!
63 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I wish I had a hot girlfriend who watched anime with me. :(

Currently watching Gosick. I'm weirdly captivated by this one and it's hard to explain why. Maybe it's the 'whodunnit' aspect (I totally called the first murder, but the others have all been interesting to watch unfold), maybe it's the unusual setting, maybe it's the dynamic between the lead characters... I dunno. I just really like it.
  • Comrade Pants;647508 said:
    Oh god, is this how everyone feels around ComradeMortis and I?
    In a word? Yes.

But you guys are FAR worse.
  • divisionten;647511 said:
    Nonono.... I force Dashing to watch anime with me.
    CM and I watch anime mutually. It's a perfect storm of weeaboo.
    Alcoremortis;647517 said:
    In a word? Yes.

But you guys are FAR worse.
    Well, you're a mean.
  • Comrade Pants;647518 said:
    Well, you're a mean.
    I'm also a truth. Search your feelings, you know it to be true.

Though, to be honest, you've improved greatly from when you guys ended every sentence with a heart.
  • Alcoremortis;647519 said:
    Though, to be honest, you've improved greatly from when you guys ended every sentence with a heart.
    I personally disagree. They got bored of that form of obnoxious, to be sure, but only because they'd developed new, more terrifying means to inflict mental anguish and erode the human spirit.
  • Rather Dashing;647520 said:
    I personally disagree. They got bored of that form of obnoxious, to be sure, but only because they'd developed new, more terrifying means to inflict mental anguish and erode the human spirit.
    Well, I guess they kept it well under wraps in Berkeley. Good luck, Dashing. DragonCon will be an adventure.
  • Remember when this thread was about anime? Yeah...

We are fairly obnoxious, though. And we just don't care. That's on you guys to deal with. I fully understand if Alcoremortis and Dashing end up needing new livers just to deal.
  • Comrade Pants;647527 said:
    Remember when this thread was about anime? Yeah...

We are fairly obnoxious, though. And we just don't care. That's on you guys to deal with. I fully understand if Alcoremortis and Dashing end up needing new livers just to deal.
    Oh honey buns...

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED <3
  • Comrade Mortis;647530 said:
    Oh honey buns...

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED <3</div>
    Oh shnookeywookums, you always know just what to say! <33333
  • Comrade Pants;647532 said:
    Oh shnookeywookums, you always know just what to say! <33333</div>
    NYAWWWWWL. Snuggle bear, you are the bestest.
    <3333333333
    In related news, you're also kawaii as shit bro.
Add Comment