User Avatar Image

The Olympics 2012 Thread

posted by DAISHI on - last edited - Viewed by 926 users
“No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training…what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.”
-Socrates
34 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Yay, first gold for GB!
  • Just saw women's 100m freestyle an hour ago, and I have to say, I've never been this excited about seeing a swimming competition ever. Can't even remember when I was ever excited about a swimming competition.
  • I'm not sure how to put it correctly, but the United States sodomized the Nigerian basketball team. They set 4 separate scoring records in one of the biggest blow outs ever in Olympic history.
  • ..and last I checked, they were toe to toe with Lithuania, so take that for what it's worth.
  • You know. I'm bloody suprised GB is doing so well.

I know we are the hosts, but we're normally are pretty crap at Olympics.
  • It seems the forum ate my post I made a few days ago, clarifying my stance on the apparent moaning by the americans. I can't even remember what I said, something a long the lines of how its easy to get confused when It's reported as "The Americans have..." rather than "The American media has..." or "And American Coach has..."

Also, I withdraw my statement of thinking Koreans were good sportspeople after they tried being sleazy in the tennis (I think? Or was it badminton? Football? Pfft, I dunno.)

Anyway, glad to see we're doing so well now! And my new favourite sport is the distance rowing. It's great how it can be neck and neck right until the end. I actually want to go see an event now. Unfortunately, none of my friends do, and it works out really dear (Even if we get a £10 ticket, we're looking at £40 for a train to and from london. Plus underground. Plus transport to train station/parking (7 miles away). So, yeah.
  • Aaaaaaaaand they're being trumped at hockey. By the Dutch.
  • HELL YES! USA Women are whooping up. Men are going to have to pick it up for 2012, if they were doing their part we'd be ahead by a mile. But soccer and water polo belong to our girls.
  • User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff
    I really like these alternative medal tallies (by GDP, population, or GDP per capita). It's a much more interesting look at how well different nations are doing compared to the regular boring old medal count.
Add Comment