User Avatar Image

Psychonauts, thinking about getting it

posted by Burnwurscht on - last edited - Viewed by 351 users
Hello,

I am thinking about getting Psychonauts, what do you guys think about this game? Is it any good?

What is the gameplay like? I watched some videos of it, I am still not sure what the game is all about?
16 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Sure. It's not the best, but it's quicky and fun. Definatly worth playing at its price point now.
  • You don't have it already?
    Heretic! You must play it.

It's a great 3D pltformer where you enter the mind of several "crazy people". The level design differs from mind to mind and there are a ton of collectibles if you are into something like that. You will not need them though.
    If you like crazy settings in platformers and using psychic abilities then Psychonauts is the game for you.
  • You don't get to post here again until you buy it. It's cheap, imaginative and fun. BUY IT.
  • Giant Tope;649369 said:
    Sure. It's not the best, but it's quicky and fun. Definatly worth playing at its price point now.
    Even a little less than maximum praise for this game gets someone a
  • Buy it. Play it. Do nothing else until this is complete.
  • Secret Fawful;649439 said:
    Even a little less than maximum praise for this game gets someone a
    >_>

<_<

*backs away slowly*
  • Rather Dashing;649511 said:
    >_>

<_<

*backs away slowly*</div>
    I don't care what you say about Fallout 3 but if you dare to insult Psychonauts we will get our pitchforks and come to your house.
  • Yes indeed...
    Buy it, play it, love it!

Graphics, controls, story, voice acting, everything is top notch in this game.
  • der_ketzer;649528 said:
    I don't care what you say about Fallout 3 but if you dare to insult Psychonauts we will get our pitchforks and come to your house.
    I wouldn't say "insult", just not "glowingly praise". Its best attributes are largely atmospheric(amazing writing/graphical design/overall narrative), but I've never been blown away by the actual game bits. I've always felt it was just...serviceable. It's well worth the $10 they're charging for it these days, though, because those atmospheric elements are that good.
  • JordyLicht;649534 said:
    Graphics, controls, story, voice acting, everything is top notch in this game.
    Actually, the controls aren't that great. Especially the camera pretty much sucks, and was the only thing that prevented me from finishing the game, because in all other respects it's awesome.
Add Comment