User Avatar Image

Saving carley will tell us more about lee's crime

posted by Dr Lance VanBoobenHousen BANNED on - last edited - Viewed by 4.3K users
I look forward to that
87 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • GenericMartini;649401 said:
    I have a really bad feeling that Carley's sole purpose is to screw you over that was the whole point in not saving her. There won't be a romance or a boning option(Like a lot of people seem to think). Carley is there to get Lee in trouble, if you saved Doug you don't have to worry about your past being revealed and it will be water under the bridge(I think TTG relied to heavily on Carley knowing your past as a reason to not save her when they shoulda gave him more screen time).
    I like that idea. It will be a real treat if that was the idea. Tempting the player with the bonus of the gun. Short sighted indeed on the players part.

Don't think people are really expecting to "bone" anyone in this game, I think repression is playing a role in those comments.
    NeonBlade;630280 said:

The few brave and bold that saved Doug ( such as myself ) realised he had value as an individual, and not based on his gender, or looks, as obese people are looked at as useless and grotesque.

Carley giving me insights about Lees crime is the very definition, of useless. Her use stretches to how many bullets she has in the clip, or if you want to be a cynic, the fact that she can procreate.
    Oh please. Listen Doug is a "disgusting fat body" and in a ZA he is useless. At any moment the survivors have to get ready to run the 100 meter dash with hurdles. If you want to risk your neck for a disgusting fat body that can't jump one hurdle then have fun being teamed up with a fat body that is gonna go down first and take half the food and supplies he was carrying with him. Not saying that everyone has to be like Bolt but my goodness. The man is a basement dwelling nerd. By his own admission he does not get out much.

In the next scene Lee and Clem are on a train. Does anyone think that fat body is going to catch a moving train?

So no fat people are not useless in everyday life. But in a ZA they are a buffet.
  • The_Cheshire_Cat;649600 said:
    I like that idea. It will be a real treat if that was the idea. Tempting the player with the bonus of the gun. Short sighted indeed on the players part.

Don't think people are really expecting to "bone" anyone in this game, I think repression is playing a role in those comments.

Oh please. Listen Doug is a "disgusting fat body" and in a ZA he is useless. At any moment the survivors have to get ready to run the 100 meter dash with hurdles. If you want to risk your neck for a disgusting fat body that can't jump one hurdle then have fun being teamed up with a fat body that is gonna go down first and take half the food and supplies he was carrying with him. Not saying that everyone has to be like Bolt but my goodness. The man is a basement dwelling nerd. By his own admission he does not get out much.

In the next scene Lee and Clem are on a train. Does anyone think that fat body is going to catch a moving train?

So no fat people are not useless in everyday life. But in a ZA they are a buffet.
    I disagre with this post whole-heartedly. I'm about the same build as Doug. Does that mean I can't run? Hell no. I actually went to an overnight zombie apocalypse airsoft game, and I was the one who not only didnt waste his ammo (Started with 20 shots, and only used 9 in 5 hours), but also could book it just as fast as anyone else and managed to stay alive ALONE seperated from the group 3 times, not getting infected all game. Just because some of us are 'big boned' doesn't mean at all that we're useless in any fashion in a zombie apocalypse.

I saved Carley because she had proven herself useful in multiple occasions, and was really hoping throwing her the ammo meant she could save Doug too.

Go back to your cave and stop trolling.
  • Jakkal;649631 said:
    Go back to your cave and stop trolling.
    LOL.

If I respond with snark I'll hurt your feelings and then the German will come and give me a yellow card. So I'll pretend that little section I quoted didn't really come off your keyboard.

Suffice to say I am not a troll.

That's fantastic that you can do some stuff and still be "big boned" (I love that phrase)
    The fact of the matter is Doug is being established as "the fat guy" If I recall Doug is the one who eats the biscuits that is given to him by the St. John's mother. Carley does not do the same. That bit is clearly a gag at him being fat. Also In talking to Mark he mentions hearing doug talk about food in his sleep. Another fat joke.

I see you have taken this personal and feel that a slight on doug is a slight on you. I'm sorry for that. I must have slipped your name in unknowingly in my post.
  • The_Cheshire_Cat;649636 said:

If I recall Doug is the one who eats the biscuits that is given to him by the St. John's mother. Carley does not do the same.
    Actually, she does. As someone who's played through the game twice now, I distinctly remember someone saying that Carly ate all the food on the way back to the motel.
  • craftyard;649662 said:
    Actually, she does. As someone who's played through the game twice now, I distinctly remember someone saying that Carly ate all the food on the way back to the motel.
    OOO! Yeah.

Lilly does say that Carley and Ben stayed back since Carley ate some of the food on the way back. Good catch. I was slippin.

Though I think to have Doug stuff his face seconds after getting the basket of food was a "fat person" gag.
  • carley ate some of it, not all..

doug ate 'half'

they both guilty lol
  • The_Cheshire_Cat;649600 said:

And there is the other side of the spectrum, haha
  • We could always take The Shane approach to big boned people... ok that guy was pretty fat.
  • It's not just the Shane approach to fat people, it's the Shane approach to anybody Shane doesn't like or feels that it is necessary to sacrifice.
  • Doug wasn't/isn't "fat", neither for that matter was Katjaa. They might not be the typical video game ripped/DD ideal, but they are characters that represent real people in a bad situation, who make the story more believable. For that matter, I only remember one "fat" zombie so far, so evidently overweight people are not at the top of the zombie food chain. Doug's a "parent's basement" geek and for that reason gets abuse in the game.
This discussion has been closed.