User Avatar Image

The Kickstarter/Crowdfunding thread

posted by Darth Marsden on - last edited by Jennifer - Viewed by 33.2K users
Since there's probably going to be a fair few Kickstarter projects that aren't done by Tim Schafer, I thought it might be nice to start a separate thread for all the little games on Kickstarter that don't get as much exposure.

For example: Feeble's Fable: The Legend of Runes by Atomic Chimp Games. Another point-and-click adventure game, but this one is going for more of a cute and charming feel. It definitely looks interesting, though they've nowhere near the backing they need. :(

And another: Americana Dawn by one guy, Max K. Lambert. It's a freeware retro-styled RPG about the French & Indian War and the American War for Independence. Kickstarter page is a little bare (he doesn't actually say what he needs the money for, for one), but it looks like an awesome game.

So let's see what other Kickstarter projects you think is worth shining a little light on!
1.1K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator
    der_ketzer;650684 said:
    Birdemic is best movie to mankind!

Seriously the movie is so bad it's funny.

Oh my. They offer funding with Paypal. This might be my chance to get a cheap DVD of this masterpiece!
    Sure. In one third of the allotted time, they already have 4% funded. You'll get your DVD for sure. ;)
  • Indiegogo isn't Kickstarter, they don't need to reach their goal if they are set up as "flexible funding", which this one is(that's why none of the rewards are tied to the success of the project).
  • Speaking of Indiegogo, the funding of the Tesla musesm reached 1/2 million in 1 day, and they ran out of tiered prizes. There's a twitter discussion going on now about what new tiers they can add.
  • User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator
    The first environments look great... the characters look ugly and soulless. I hope that's not the final design. The worst thing at the time, however, is that the tiers don't even speak of a DRM-free version for the backers. THAT at least should be remedied very quickly.

Errrr... corrupt, from what source did you get that link? The kickstarter is having quite a surge at the moment, has it been advertised somewhere important? ;)
  • corruptbiggins;653732 said:
    New project to back - a new 2D Broken Sword game
    Backed! Looking forward to this one :)
  • I like the look of the characters. I think when not talking to the camera they look fine. When they talk to the camera while standing next to real people they look weird.
  • $62,842
    And quickly counting

That's a lot of money. Is it really that expensive? A couple of fan boys made Broken Sword 2.5 and that game was pretty amazing.

Nicole's voice doesn't sound pretty enough to me. It sounds like an old woman to me with false teeth . I'm sorry if it's the original Nicole. I don't know who plays her yet. If it is then I back it all the way. But, her voice isn't very pretty from this preview.

And the cover art is cool but it makes George look like Dolph Lundgren

I like Dolph but I didn't picture him being George Stobbart.

His in game model looks like a tall, over grown 13 year old. But I think the sketches looked pretty nice.

I'm still very excited and will be playing this when it is made.
  • hangingwithmonkeys;653830 said:
    That's a lot of money. Is it really that expensive. A couple of fan boys made Broken Sword 2.5 and that game was pretty amazing.
    Sure. Those fans didn't need to get paid. The voice actors don't work for free either (normally).
    Next point: Which engine do you use. Do you develope one on your own or do you license one that already exists. That shit costs money too.
  • User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator
    Six hours in and 80,000$ raised. I am officially impressed.
Add Comment