User Avatar Image

Kingdom Hearts

posted by ryannumber1gamer on - last edited - Viewed by 19.7K users
Title really says it all

I'm gonna start with i find really sad that Roxas spent the whole summer in a machine and has friends but they don't even know him and they don't try to become friends :(
421 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • ryannumber1gamer;654805 said:
    I'm thinking the same guy who makes you fight 4 bosses in World that never ends in Kingdom Hearts 2.
    no, that was well done if you mean the final boss. This has the exact same tiny square that doesn't allow any moverablility, then forces bosses that REQUIRE a giant space to dodge the attacks to even be slightly fair. The only strategy is to freaking levelgrind. That is very VERY poor game design for an action game if it actually goes down to being 20 levels higher than what the game says. And the 4 bosses actually had a checkpoint system. Die at the final boss of the rotaion? F you! You get to play the whole dang thing again!

What's funny is Riku's side of this story is that he fights 4 common dream eaters and leaves. Its like no one thought "hey, anyone think it's silly to use copy and paste to make a boss fight?"
  • What do you mean by tiny square? Do you mean just tiny enough for Sora and the boss?
  • ryannumber1gamer;654817 said:
    What do you mean by tiny square? Do you mean just tiny enough for Sora and the boss?
    The third district of Traverse town, that little square in the center. There'es enough to do rather basic dodges, but when the bosses themselves are really quick and can attack in all directions, its near impossible to dodge.

I just beat it after 2 hours(not joking) of level grinding, which is the definition of poor game design(or a turn based RPG like Pokemon, but it isn't that).
  • Oh you mean the same place where you fight that boss in Kingdom Hearts 1. The one where you have to attack it's body parts.
  • ryannumber1gamer;654834 said:
    Oh you mean the same place where you fight that boss in Kingdom Hearts 1. The one where you have to attack it's body parts.
    Yes, but the area is much smaller than before, so it made things a pain when the bosses have so much range/attack power. You fight the bosses prior to that, but all 3 times its in a giant open area for you to get away and dodge the attacks that way, its nearly impossible to do so close range.

Finally got it though and can move on thank god.
  • I hated that area in KH 1. Do you have anyone to help you like Goofy or Riku?
  • ryannumber1gamer;654837 said:
    I hated that area in KH 1. Do you have anyone to help you like Goofy or Riku?
    You get "Spirits" which is kind of like Pokemon in that you can pick and choose your own to collect and train, but unlike Pokemon, how useful a spirit is won't be figured out until you've used it in battle and got your but kicked, so I barely mess with the feature, unless a spirit can tech you a really cool ability(which some can)
  • Do you even get Summons!?
  • ryannumber1gamer;654842 said:
    Do you even get Summons!?
    no summons.
  • So what? Is this game called Pokemon Kingdom Hearts version?
Add Comment