User Avatar Image

Do you think Telltale has redeemed itself after Jurassic Park with The Walking Dead?

posted by ryannumber1gamer on - last edited - Viewed by 553 users
I think they have. I got The Walking Dead episodes 1 & 2 on The Playstation Store and i love them. Telltale has finally got the right mix of QTE's,Adventure, A story that changes and puzzles. Now please keep Episode 3 spoilers out of here because Episode 3 has not come out on the UK Playstation Store yet and i really don't want Episode 3 spoiled for me.
21 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I voted No. I really love the story of TWD but they slowly stopped making games after Strong Bad. They are making choose your own adventure movies now. TWD is a huge step in the right direction but only because JP was as far from the right direction as it can get.

Now let's get the puzzles back in. Please!
  • I haven't played it yet but it does seem like they found a much better balance
  • I didn't think they needed any redemption in my eyes.
  • corruptbiggins;658516 said:
    I didn't think they needed any redemption in my eyes.
    Then you are part of the problem.
  • der_ketzer;658518 said:
    Then you are part of the problem.
    Why? Because I can like a game other people don't? I've not had a bad experience with any of their games that I've played (I've only not played Texas Hold'em, Hector episode 2 & 3 and Law & Order: Legacies). I've enjoyed some more than others but at the end of the day I enjoyed them all.
  • I didn't hate Jurassic Park but i hated it as a Telltale game. We all know they can make great games and instead we got a QTE game with a tiny bit of exploring in each episode.
  • Darth Marsden;658303 said:
    Telltale does would be a step up from Jurassic Fart,
    I see what you did there :D
  • I didn't dislike Jurassic Park at all, but I definitely think Walking Dead is a huge improvement on that one.
  • User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator
    I've liked all of Telltale's games so far (even Jurassic Park, in which I think the big problem there was incorrect labeling of genre in their marketing more than anything). The biggest problem I had with Telltale's recent games were the bugs (with Back to the Future: The Game being the worst of the lot).

It's impossible for any company to get rid of all of the bugs on computer operating systems due to so many different set-ups, but they've seem to be spending more time for bug fixing to get rid of most of them for The Walking Dead (and they've patched the big problems they've had this time around too, like the save problems on PSN).

So, since Telltale is taking the time to make a more stable gaming experience, they've definitely improved in my book. :)
  • Yeah i remember me starting a new game in Walking Dead today on my PS3 and i had to do an update for save problems. I never had save problems and i don't remember running into any glitches so far in The Walking Dead but it's good to know they are fixing it.
Add Comment