User Avatar Image

So it seems to me it's impossible for people to hate the people who die

posted by Yertos on - last edited - Viewed by 1.2K users
Everyone hated Larry to the core in 1, talked about getting revenge and couldn't wait to kill him. Then in 2, everyone suddenly wants to save his life, and starts rationalizing his actions for leaving you for death and all the hate towards you.

Meanwhile everyone hates on Duck more then Ive ever seen to a video game child. Blaming him for Shaun's death, constantly berating him and was voted most hated and wished to die after Larry.

Then comes episode 3 and everyone is sad for his death, wishing they could save him, and everyone starts to like him.

I haven't seen anyone dislike Mark, Katjaa, Doug, or Carley either before or after their death. Not one person has died where people say "Good". I personally Think Kenny is next and everyone will get upset and sad again. I dunno if we all believe its wrong to talk bad about someone who died despite different opinions when their alive (MJ anyone?), or if its just very good writing.
18 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I think its just good writing. Well first of all although I hate Duck and hated larry, noone "deserves" to die especially since neither of them did any harm to the group. I feel bad for Duck now just because however annoying he was (and he was annoying) he did not deserve to die, nor did carly or katjaa
  • The fact that you hate someone doesnt mean you wish them death.
  • Well people liked someone like Doug because he is one of videogamers or a person from a real world. Carley was loved because she was the women with the damn gun, shoot and had slowly something going on with Lee the main character. Katjaa was well liked because Kenny was sometimes a buckethead and she try to cool it down & also said thanks what Kenny didn't done very often. :)
  • Lone_Wanderer;658970 said:
    The fact that you hate someone doesnt mean you wish them death.
    Well Ive read about a lot of people wishing for Duck and Larry's death anyway though.
  • Yertos;658992 said:
    Well Ive read about a lot of people wishing for Duck and Larry's death anyway though.
    I know a lot of people wanted him to die, even I wanted him to die. But seeing him suffer... and actually on the verge of dying changes your mind. Especially seeing how it affected Kenny and Kaatja.
  • Yertos;658935 said:
    Everyone.
    Your thread failed at the first word. There is no "Everybody" not on the internet and not in the real world.
  • I felt kenny deserved to die. or deserved to be beaten. But i didn't wish his family killed {unless he killed clementine}. Also I liked Kaatja she was cool with me. I planned on starting a relationship with Lily but she abandoned me and killed my only other option.
  • Since we're just blatantly saying kinda spoilers I'll go ahead and say that while I still blamed Duck for Shawn's death I had just gotten to find him amusing via his Robin to Lee's Batman and also his thinking I was incredibly awesome because I gave him a high five.
  • der_ketzer;659162 said:
    Your thread failed at the first word. There is no "Everybody" not on the internet and not in the real world.
    Well sorry I don't have perfect grammar all the time.
  • darham175;659267 said:
    Since we're just blatantly saying kinda spoilers I'll go ahead and say that while I still blamed Duck for Shawn's death I had just gotten to find him amusing via his Robin to Lee's Batman and also his thinking I was incredibly awesome because I gave him a high five.
    The High Five. 'Nuff said :D:D:D
This discussion has been closed.