User Avatar Image

TWD OSX Episode 3 stuck at 99.50% - HELP

posted by blackvulcan3 on - last edited - Viewed by 2.2K users
I have noticed through a few threads that people are complaining of the OSX Episode 3 download stopping at 99.50%, as my download has, and after some hang time (30-45 minutes) crashes the application.

From other threads this occurred in Episode 2.

I did not have this problem, although I did have download issues for Episode 2.

Perhaps we can keep the issues isolated to their own threads so they can be better managed by TT support staff.

If you have the 99.50% issue (as opposed to random percentage download crashes) please list in this thread.
54 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I had this exact same problem, it twice downloading to 99.50% before crashing.

This is what solved it for me:

It went into graphic settings and turned everything to low or off (anti-aliasing, the screen resolution, shadow, etc.). I also made it full screen (it wasn't before).

Suddenly the download now comes in at a phenomenal speed, and completed at 100% in no time.

Try it yourself. I hope it works for you. :)
  • AlfredoSanchez;664132 said:
    I had this exact same problem, it twice downloading to 99.50% before crashing.

This is what solved it for me:

It went into graphic settings and turned everything to low or off (anti-aliasing, the screen resolution, shadow, etc.). I also made it full screen (it wasn't before).

Suddenly the download now comes in at a phenomenal speed, and completed at 100% in no time.

Try it yourself. I hope it works for you. :)
    Alfredo! Sir! You are a genius!
    Doing as you said worked and fixed it for my iMac!
    I am finally able to play episode 3!

Well done and a big thank you! :)
    I have no idea how you figured this one out! :D
  • Well thanks for the tip, but it didnt work for me.

Still stuck at 99.50%.

Why cant it load to 5% before it stops, 99.50% is torture......
  • Didn't work for me either. What a waste of time.

Telltale can go fuck themselves.
  • Tried it, but no joy. 99.50%, once again.

This problem existed with episode 2 as well. I gather Telltale has put it on the 'suck it, Mac users!' list, as it will magically just fix itself once the game is released on DVD and we don't have to download episodes.
  • Real slow download and at 99.50%... Nothing! Three times now.
  • Another instalment that promised so much and delivered so little.

I am really hoping that we get better communication this time.

Oh well, no work for TT on weekends so I guess I give up for a couple of days.
  • Based on the track record for episode 2, I highly doubt it.
  • I've managed to get it to install just now. Either - thanks to Telltale for fixing the issue fairly quickly or I just got lucky
  • wenchoheelio;664705 said:
    I've managed to get it to install just now. Either - thanks to Telltale for fixing the issue fairly quickly or I just got lucky
    You just got lucky...
This discussion has been closed.