User Avatar Image

Will there be a boxed retail version?

posted by ourhobby on - last edited - Viewed by 898 users
Similar to season one, will there be a retailed box version? Call me old fashioned, but I do enjoy the old boxed version that I buy off the shelves at a store. Will there be one for season two?
27 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • huh... that was actually something I didn't know...

I am now going to search for stores that carry it. I hate ordering stuff online, between shipping time and added costs; it's an unfun experience.
  • Pssh, buying things from the internet is fun! It's a world where almost nothing is unattainable, where you can find things you never thought possible. It's the ultimate flea market. (It's just like, it's just like, a mini-mall!)
  • Telltales version is also different from the retail version (and much much better in my opinion in terms of packaging and bonus content)
  • User Avatar Image
    Mel
    This isn't Wal-Mart.
    Someone asked this question in another subforum.

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5160
  • Zootch;66493 said:
    huh... that was actually something I didn't know...

I am now going to search for stores that carry it. I hate ordering stuff online, between shipping time and added costs; it's an unfun experience.
    Psst... Ordering Telltale games online has no shipping time, if you download them! (Well, I guess a few minutes to download the ~100Mb per episode).

It's only the delivery time for the disc version.
  • xChri5x;66499 said:
    Telltales version is also different from the retail version (and much much better in my opinion in terms of packaging and bonus content)
    oh, so the copy I would buy at Wal-Mart would be different from one I order here...
  • User Avatar Image
    Mel
    Yes. The only way to get the Telltale version is to get the download episodes. When the disk is done, they send you an email asking if you want it and if you do, it's only the cost of shipping it to you.

For Season 1:

Telltale DVD

Retail version from The Adventure Company (this was for N. America. JoWood published in Europe).

They each have extras, but they are a little different. You can look at them and see which one you would prefer. :)
  • Well, they aren't significantly different in terms of gameplay. There have been some slight code updates to our versions over the past year that aren't in the store-bought version, but that's about it. Besides that, the difference is in bonus content and game wrapper.
  • And the fact the the box art is an original done by Steve Purcell on our version.
  • Great! In fact I'm waiting for the boxed version to buy.

Will there still be dubbed versions in French and German?
Add Comment