User Avatar Image

[SPOILERS]Ben's character and deeds

posted by SouthWardRB on - last edited - Viewed by 7.4K users
Either you saved Carley or Doug. These great characters shall be avenged. Yeah, Lilly killed them, BUT Ben was giving the extra stuff to the bandits, wich caused the whole thing.

These were great characters, ones who shouldn't be forgotten. Ben, a stupid little teenager who is more scared of everything then a 12 year old.

Please, by joining this thread, you 100% guarantee that you WILL kill Ben, at the first time you get.
376 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • At first I had a little suspicion of Ben, but thought I was probably unjustified in going straight for the new guy. I had a little bit of a worry that it might have been Carley, mainly because she'd be about the worst person for Lee to have to condemn. I wasn't certain enough of either to name anyone in the RV - I read Ben's "I'm sorry" as a generalised "Oh shit" line rather than an admission of responsibility. It was during the confrontation when I thought I figured it out - see my thread here - I figured Kenny had the most motive, not trusting Lilly's assurances that they could defend the motel and figuring that the only way to protect his family was to go behind her back and pay off the bandits. Guess I was wrong - good thing the game didn't let me follow up on that "It was someone else" line.
  • Umm did everyone miss the X on the wall or something? Says to me that Ben may of been marking a weak point into the camp...As I said I suspect he was setting up the camp for a fall. Most likely being told "Kid we are going to take your camp and women no matter what you do. Best to just help us and we'll let you join us when its done." I mean otherwise why wouldn't he tell the group? Why and when was he meeting up with the bandits in the first place? People are down playing what Ben did....
  • Zeruis;665693 said:
    Did anybody honestly think that Ben was going to confess right before Kenny hit that walker with the RV?
    no, note it took ben to be alone with lee, also probably considering his actions and to suicide by train..

i kinda wish lee could of pushed him off the train... a bit like dangling omid over the bridge lol
  • How can there NOT be an option to kill Ben in Episode 3, i will never know. First chance i get, hes biting it.

I dont care if he has a family, i dont care if its front of clementine, and i dont care even if its during a reunion with someone he knows.

Hes going down.
  • StrawberryRainPop;666516 said:
    How can there NOT be an option to kill Ben in Episode 3, i will never know. First chance i get, hes biting it.

I dont care if he has a family, i dont care if its front of clementine, and i dont care even if its during a reunion with someone he knows.

Hes going down.
    He's going to die. It seems almost a sure thing.
  • Zeruis;665693 said:
    Did anybody honestly think that Ben was going to confess right before Kenny hit that walker with the RV?
    I thought he might have if given another minute or so.
  • SteveTheBlocks;665640 said:
    Yeah, i know people are over-reacting about Carley's death.
    If anything we should blame Lilly, She didn't wanna leave the motel, she knew the bandits were attacking, if we left sooner, no one would've died, Katjaa wouldn't have killed herself, Duck wouldn't have been bitten, Ben wouldn't have been responsible for their deaths, and Doug or Carley wouldn't have died.

We all wanted to kill Duck first, then we just felt bad for him at the end, Then we wanted to kill Larry, most of us decided to save him, and now we want to kill Ben? It's seriously not his fault.
    It's because a lot of people had invested in Lilly and were trying to nurture a romance with her, so they're in total battered spouse syndrome right now ignoring that she was always screwed up from the day they met her.

Seriously, she tried to throw Clementine and Duck TO THE ZOMBIES.

Lee: "But they're just kids!"

Lilly: "The zombies out there don't care!"

She always plays the victim then goes right for the throat.
  • Ben was on watch and he tried to brush off the broken flashlight with a joke. My first response was, "Why not just admit the flashlight so we can handle Lilly's craziness as soon as possible?" And then I found the meds...
  • Before the bandit attacks, my mind kept darting between Ben and Carley because they were so flippant in the situation.

Ben with his stuttering and nervous jokes and Carley because she kept glancing around awkwardly when confronted with the questions.
    It made it all even worse when you found out who it really was.
This discussion has been closed.