User Avatar Image

[SPOILERS] CARLEY [Ep 3 discussion]

posted by Oblivion1659 on - last edited - Viewed by 20.9K users
Hey i am really annoyed about carley being shot when it happend i didnt even want to carry on playing anyway maybe they could bring carly back she could have just been grazed by the bullet.No one even checked to she if she was dead the group could meet up with her again.I wont be buying anymore episodes unless carly comes back my friends also said the same.

Please say in the comments that you want carly back and make a thread about this and then maybe telltale games will see that we want carly back.
558 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Murasaki;665514 said:
    I think the devs would consider that a failure on their part if you didn't feel some attachment to the characters they created. Same applies for the comics. It only becomes a problem if your attachment to a character becomes more important than real life. Fortunately I don't think that applies here.
    My point is that it's no different than when a kid learns that a stove is hot and can hurt (at least for me). Once he/she has gotten burned a few times, they learn that lesson. It's not really a problem for me, but knowing that the characters (main or otherwise) are going to die quite frequently keeps me from "investing" in the characters and for me kind of defeats the purpose of the game.
  • Murasaki;665514 said:
    It only becomes a problem if your attachment to a character becomes more important than real life. Fortunately I don't think that applies here.
    well, thats of course true :D
  • skepticalguy90;665518 said:
    My point is that it's no different than when a kid learns that a stove is hot and can hurt (at least for me). Once he/she has gotten burned a few times, they learn that lesson. It's not really a problem for me, but knowing that the characters (main or otherwise) are going to die quite frequently keeps me from "investing" in the characters and for me kind of defeats the purpose of the game.
    Actually it's quite the opposite. Knowing that the characters won't die, because they are either the protagonists or fan favourite makes them less real. I can relate to real characters but it almost impossible when I know they're immortal. At least that's how I see it.
  • YamiRaziel;665557 said:
    Actually it's quite the opposite. Knowing that the characters won't die, because they are either the protagonists or fan favourite makes them less real. I can relate to real characters but it almost impossible when I know they're immortal. At least that's how I see it.
    I can appreciate your view, but honestly I just disagree with that.
  • skepticalguy90;665495 said:
    Or learn to avoid becoming attached to characters because they know at some point they are going to die...
    Every fan of a TWD character gets to watch them die. But not every fan of a TWD character gets to watch them truly live!
  • ZacTB;658267 said:
    As much as I hate that she was shot in the head, if Telltale somehow brought her back after that, I would lose faith in this game.
    agree fully with this. I was shocked for a few seconds when she was shot and she was my favorite charachter too. If they were to bring her back to the game though just because some people want it I will be very dissapointed. I hope they won't change that at all.
  • Her death was horrible, and I don't like it one bit.

But it does illustrate how brutal the setting is. None of these characters will have a happy ending, and that scene makes it very clear.
  • What, have Carley alive only to be killed again? No thanks. Up to the very end, she supported you. She was a good character.
  • I sincerely cant understand this at all, why do people keep thinking we just want a good ending?! DAMN if you see all the 5 episodes in the game list, you see a picture of EP5 with ONLY clem looking down, i even think that lee dies in EP 5. But i dont suppose we get to EP 5 and walk around and sudently BUUUUM HEADSHOT, we die, the end?! Then what? the rest os the characters go away and your lifeless body is left behind in the guther?!

Killing carley the way they did was just unpredictable, damn it was a really great writhing, but, wath the hell? if they had to kill 1 why not ben?! We know nothing about him, he makes no sense talking to on any playtrough because he tells you nothing usefull, i played EP1, then EP 2 came out and i played EP 1 again then EP 2 and the same for EP 3, so i played EP1 3x, EP2 2x and i didnt even care to end ep 3 because this looks more like a light novel than a complete game, this is an interactive comic book for what i can see, BUT i re-instaled the game and ended EP3 nonetheless(really didnt like it anyway EP3 just doesnt make my heart beat),and dont get me rong, i freaking liked the game if not i wouldnt play EP1 3x and so on, but in EP1 for you to open the door you have to get the AXE, and many more things you really have to go front and back a lot of times to do something that adds playtime and makes us think about what were doing on EP3, ye theres nothing much that way, but seeing EP4 trailer made me fell like EP4 will get better,unfortunately, ye trailers are really great and all but i already saw trailers get the better of us.

And i saw some one saying that they arent lieing in our faces when advertising saying we tailortail the story, that yes we tailortail the story, but not the way we were thinking. But wasnt the way we were thinking their main goal when saying it? its the same thing if we say to a girl "i love you", and end there the sentence but the main part isnt said "but not like that".

They like to advertise half a true, but we dont play half a game do we.
  • I hope that she will come back, she was one of my favorite characters including Lee and Clem. Carley's and Lee's relationship was really becoming interesting, I always knew something would hit off between them, well sorta. It's a shame she died. Dislike Telltale!
This discussion has been closed.