User Avatar Image

Foul language

posted by journ2 on - last edited - Viewed by 2K users
Great game, unnecessary foul language;)
48 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • From the characters? I don't blame them for not being prim and proper when they're about to be devoured by a walker.
  • Well, you know, you are playing a game about zombies who eat the flesh of humans. The only way to kill them is to smash their brain. So haha, you know, if the game has that kind of violent material (And it has lots as you are probably aware.), there's bound to be foul language, swearing, cusses, whatever. Can't stop it. :3
  • That actually kinda adds to the realism. Who would care about not swearing in a zombie apocalypse, really?
  • Viser;667363 said:
    That actually kinda adds to the realism. Who would care about not swearing in a zombie apocalypse, really?
    Who cares about not swearing even in real world, really? :D
  • Its the freaking end of the world for these characters. They are just trying to survive now. If they want to vent by swearing up a storm i say let them lol
  • YamiRaziel;667423 said:
    Who cares about not swearing even in real world, really? :D
    Always in moderation hopefully. Swearing every other word IRL is immature and classless.
  • Realistic language. I dont know how old you are but think everyone goes through a stage in their life where they curse about every other sentence.
  • Telltale states in their commentary that they match the tone of whatever the property they're adapting. So Jurassic Park has very few curse words and the violence is bloodless like in the movie. This source material is wall to wall swearing and blood and guts without restriction. So there you go.
  • User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator
    People get decapitated, shot in the head, walk around with their entrails dangling from their bodies, blood is everywhere ("great game")... and people think it's "unnecessary" or even offensive if someone happens to say "fuck".

There's a logic I do_not_understand. As a linguist.
  • Would seem extremely unrealistic without any swearwords.... and I love lee saying FUCK
This discussion has been closed.