User Avatar Image

The Newly Regenerated Doctor Who Thread

posted by Friar on - last edited - Viewed by 75.8K users
So, Christmas is approaching, and with it a brand new Doctor who episode, and seeing as it's no longer series 5, I thought it would be time for a new, more generalised Doctor who thread!

For those who are new to the series, It features a humanoid Alien (timelord) called the Doctor, who travels in time and space in the TARDIS. He's the last of his race, and when he dies, he regenerates into a new person (up to 13 times). So far he has done so 11 times, with the current, 11th doctor being Matt Smith.

To kick things off, here's a trailer for the new Doctor who ipod/iphone/ipad/android game: The mazes of time!
4.1K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Hey, look, a prequel to Asylum of the Daleks! (US Only)
  • Ribs;666697 said:
    You only made it more vague! It could be any Doctor, but I specified it to Doctor Who himself.
    There are probably several Doctor Who's around. There's at my local GP called Doctor Ware, which is close enough.
    Ribs;666943 said:
    Hey, look, a prequel to Asylum of the Daleks! (US Only)
    That sounds just like the pre credits sequence...
  • Friar;666944 said:
    That sounds just like the pre credits sequence...
    Well, it isn't.

Edit: Neil Gaiman announced during his Hugo speech that he's doing another episode this year. Word is it's a Cyberman episode.
  • Here's a trailer for Dinosaurs on a Spaceship, featuring a line from David Mitchell's character: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWdKU752rK4&feature=youtube_gdata_player
  • I just hope the amount of big stars in the episode isn't compensating for a lack of a decent plot.
  • Friar;668921 said:
    I just hope the amount of big stars in the episode isn't compensating for a lack of a decent plot.
    It's not really a lot, I think. I don't think any of them are anywhere near as famous as Michael Sheen, and that was barely publicized last season! :P
  • Ribs;668940 said:
    It's not really a lot, I think. I don't think any of them are anywhere near as famous as Michael Sheen, and that was barely publicized last season! :P
    Well In terms of recognisable voices/faces, I'd say David Mitchel, 'Ron's Dad' and 'Mr. Flich' are pretty high up there. And Matt smith is a pretty big star too.

Also, I actually didn't recognise the name of Michael Sheen, and had to look it up.
  • Friar;668954 said:
    Well In terms of recognisable voices/faces, I'd say David Mitchel, 'Ron's Dad' and 'Mr. Flich' are pretty high up there. And Matt smith is a pretty big star too.

Also, I actually didn't recognise the name of Michael Sheen, and had to look it up.
    How did you not recognize him? He's played Tony Blair in about any true-life story featuring Tony Blair you can imagine!
Add Comment