1.5K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • flesk;673226 said:
    It's good. Maybe not as good as Gemini Rue, but the story feels pretty fleshed out, some of the puzzles are pretty clever and I think it's got several endings. There's also several achievements that are probably going to require another play-through if that's your thing.
    Achievements? On GOG? I think you've been playing the Steam version! :p

Thanks. I'll probably pick it up then.
  • Darth Marsden;673326 said:
    Achievements? On GOG? I think you've been playing the Steam version! :p
    No. They are actually in the main menue of the game.
  • Really? Huh. Well that's me told then.
  • So. GoG is having it's annual survey and there is a free game in it for you if you complete it!

http://www.gog.com/news/gogcom_annual_survey_get_a_game_for_free
    Short version: 1. Complete the survey below.
    2. Enter your correct e-mail address.
    3. Get a copy of Realms of Arkania 1+2 sent to you via mail next week.
    4. If you own RoA 1+2 you can gift it to a friend!
  • It's a pretty cool idea to get people to do this, but they'd need something more interesting than a pair of RPGs no-one ever heard of before to tempt me into it. Then again, that's probably why they have those games, so...
  • Darth Marsden;675644 said:
    they'd need something more interesting than a pair of RPGs no-one ever heard of before
    :mad:
  • Rather Dashing;675652 said:
    :mad:
    You've heard about every game ever made, so you don't count.
  • flesk;675654 said:
    You've heard about every game ever made, so you don't count.
    This isn't true. Pre-N64 console gaming contains a really massive blind spot for me, and there are entire genres(Japanese RPGs and vehicle/agricultural sims, for instance) where my knowledge is pretty pathetically low. And arcades, the entire history of arcades as a video game medium, is pretty much lost to me except in the broadest strokes.

I have a higher-than-average knowledge of Computer/Western RPGs, turn-based strategy games(on PC), Adventure games(on PC), and the english-speaking Independent scene from 2005 onwards. Indie scenes that I don't know about include things like the convention/hobby shop-backed Japanese indie scene, which is largely pushed along by Comiket and is something I'm only really peripherally aware of, partially because English sources on it are at best extremely scant and disjointed from each other.
  • I had no idea what these games were, but I figure this is a good time to find out. I mean, it cost me about five minutes of my time to get them and now I get to try them out for free!
  • So today, we have Urban Chaos. I have NO idea what this is, but it sounds like a third-person shooter version of Police Quest. And... that's it for now. Maybe we'll see something go up for pre-order later.
Add Comment