User Avatar Image

Living Another Childhood Through Cartoons

posted by Secret Fawful on - last edited - Viewed by 778 users
Growing up, I didn't get to watch a lot of cartoons. My parents restricted me to Batman: The Animated Series, The Rescuers, Courage, Wild Thornberries, Hey Arnold, Spongebob, and An American Tail typically. Pokemon was never allowed. As I got into my teens I was allowed to watch pretty much anything, but mostly only got to see stuff like Funky Phantom, Scooby Doo, Totally Spies, Rocky and Bullwinkle, Sherman and Peabody, Teen Titans, and The Mummy. I missed out on a lot of great 90s shows. So, having grown up and found out about a lot of shows I missed, I've gone back and began to relive some of these shows, such as-

Popeye
Tom and Jerry
Merrie Melodies
Betty Boop and Bimbo
Superman
Darkwing Duck
Ducktales
Thundercats
Snagglepuss
The Jetsons
The Flintstones
Pink Panther
Powerpuff Girls
Dragonball
Rugrats
Dexter's Lab
Ed, Edd, and Eddy
Cow and Chicken

Does anyone here do this? Find out about great cartoons later and then come back to them and begin watching them once you've grown up.
26 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I did this with Justice League/Unlimited. That show is epic as all hell!
  • divisionten;678092 said:
    Dexters Lab is the s**t.
    Except the last series of course, which was just shit.

I'd add both the DC cartoons and most of the Marvel ones into the mix. DC for obvious reasons,. but also Marvel because there was some damn good stuff there (and some not so good stuff - see my review of the 90s Avengers cartoon).
  • Darth Marsden;678120 said:
    Except the last series of course, which was just shit.

I'd add both the DC cartoons and most of the Marvel ones into the mix. DC for obvious reasons,. but also Marvel because there was some damn good stuff there (and some not so good stuff - see my review of the 90s Avengers cartoon).
    Hey almost all of Cartoon Network's old cartoons are great. Ed Edd n Eddy is my favorite followed by Dexter's Lab in a close second and then maybe Cow & Chicken & The Powerpuff Girls. Some stuff was good like Foster's Home for imaginary friends,Justice League,Teen Titans,Kids Next Door, and Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy until around 2007 when Ed Edd n Eddy was done (Which by the way was the longest cartoon network cartoon and now Cartoon Network has Young Justice which is good and fine and Ben 10 which is on it's forth show. I used to like Ben 10 thinking it was a good idea but that was until the third show came out (I don't mean third episode i actally mean third show) and now their is another show of it!
  • coolsome;678072 said:
    One more thing! I'MSORRYI'LLBRINGTHISBACKLATER THANK YOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!
    AAAIIIIYYYAAAAAAA

MAGIC MUST DEFEAT MAGIC

Also: El Toro Fuerte NEVER removes his mask.
  • The Gentleman;678181 said:
    AAAIIIIYYYAAAAAAA

MAGIC MUST DEFEAT MAGIC

Also: El Toro Fuerte NEVER removes his mask.
    I hate fish!
  • coolsome;678184 said:
    I hate fish!
    Such a funny and quotable show. I'm so glad I decided to watch through it again.
  • I find it odd that "Animaniacs" and "Pinky and The Brain" are referenced nowhere in this thread.
  • Probably because they go without saying. On a similar note, Freakazoid.
  • Ed, Edd, n Eddy was just amazing. Danny Antonucci ended the series in a brilliant way.
  • Zeruis;678248 said:
    Ed, Edd, n Eddy was just amazing. Danny Antonucci ended the series in a brilliant way.
    Yeah Big Picture Show was great & worth the wait. We finally got to see Eddy's brother and the reason Eddy is the way he is.
Add Comment