User Avatar Image

Clem's death - Anyone see this?

posted by Motordead on - last edited - Viewed by 1.8K users
Yet again, i'm playing through ep 3 trying to look for spoilers. In the train station when Lee boosts Clem over the fence she is trapped with a walker. Lee's gun skids under the door for Clem to get a hold of. She freezes up and doesn't help Lee kill the walkers after him.

As an experiment I went back and looked to see if she got me the keys and if I didn't open the door, if she would shoot the walker coming after her. The walker takes about 20 seconds to get to her so I just waited. Lone behold she did nothing and is overtaken by the walker.

Anyway I frapsed it to see what she would do, and the outcome broke my heart. I can post vid if anyone wants.
42 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I miss Episode 1 Clem.

Zombie on ya?

Stop! Hammer Time!

I expected her to take to a gun as a Duck does to... well.... hmm... food?
  • hahahaha that was awesome. :D
  • Damn... that scream...

Nightmare fuel.
  • Legionari3;675870 said:
    Was searching for something else and it came up
    Not a nice clip.... :(
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpVUE6pMEFw
    Plot armor. Why is the 'game over' when Lee didnt die?
  • Xarne;678194 said:
    Because that would mean your actions actually mattered. And they had to write a different branch of story not involving clementine anymore.

So instead, anything that would naturally cause a different result than forced ends in a "You Are Dead"-Screen.
  • dubesor;678202 said:
    Because that would mean your actions actually mattered. And they had to write a different branch of story not involving clementine anymore.

So instead, anything that would naturally cause a different result than forced ends in a "You Are Dead"-Screen.
    The directness of your answer is refreshing.

I'll hang around and wait for the more common replies of 'How can u lief without Clem!!!111'
  • Xarne;678194 said:
    Maybe because the objective of the game is more than just survival?
  • Cyreen;678215 said:
    Maybe because the objective of the game is more than just survival?
    In a ZA?
    Illogical
  • I agree and disagree. Yes, having choices matter would imply that we can make wrong decisions and be forced to live with them, but Clementine serves a very specific purpose in the game and story. If you have an option that removes that which motivates Lee or drives the story, does the game really matter anymore?

So there's reasons to add more choices and reasons to remove choices. I, for one, think that in episode 5, Clem should be able to die. I want multiple endings where Clem lives or dies by your choices. Episode 3 (and even 4) are too soon for that.
This discussion has been closed.