User Avatar Image

Limited Choices discussion (merged threads)

posted by ADavidson on - last edited - Viewed by 18.4K users
I was a bit disappointed with the story choices. Reminded me of LA Noir, where most game choices are superficial. If you pick Shawn he still dies the same. Even if the other chosen character died(Doug or Carlie), the other said the same things. And no matter what I said nothing changed story points, like Larry shoving you down even if you side with him. Oh and with Glenn, if you hand the girl the gun he says how can you let people give up but if you refuse he says how can you deny someone's choice! The character's in the game should have the same convictions no matter what you choose, this is unacceptable character development.

Supposedly the choices of Episode 1 greatly affect how everyone views you though... I sure hope the following episodes prove more impressive with the choices, and I realllllly hope it branches out and expands more. For a 2hr game it should have a lot more possibilities.

I know it's only a $5 game, just please don't let me down.

Otherwise, the story itself was awesome, the gameplay is really good and the art style is incredible. Still the best TT game to date! Keep it up guys!
641 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • after only 3 episodes everybody is like crying babies. "My choices don't matter, im crying" Wait till episode 5 you bastards before you start saying shit. then if after the last episode your choices didn't mean shit, then you can cry all you want. :D
  • Words of Wisdom there.
  • Zombies are Awesome!;679963 said:
    after only 3 episodes everybody is like crying babies. "My choices don't matter, im crying" Wait till episode 5 you bastards before you start saying shit. then if after the last episode your choices didn't mean shit, then you can cry all you want. :D
    I think you can say that on every single page of this thread and they'll just keep going.

• Cyreen;679971 said:
    I think you can say that on every single page of this thread and they'll just keep going.

unfortunately thats the sad truth, apparently some people don't know the meaning of the word Patience :D
  • Cyreen;679971 said:

Well, you just dated this forum about twenty years.

Oop. My back!
  • Master of Aeons;679978 said:
    You've got issues with the bunny, Mr. B-52?
  • Master of Aeons;679978 said:

Oop. My back!
    Duracells never date! They just keep running and running and running... image

• Cyreen;679994 said:
    You've got issues with the bunny, Mr. B-52?
    No, ma'am. Help me yell at the kids on my lawn!
  • Naw, I only yell at stupid people and even that gets boring quick.
  • DreadMagus;679826 said:
    Well let's see... you cared enough to trash it.

Anywhoozle....

For your second point....

In my game: Kenny was a user who used Lee to keep his family safe, and Lilly was a straight up gal who had Lee's back. Carley was his almost-girlfriend.

Others have said based on THEIR choices these characters act differently. (or weren't there at all)

How exactly did my choices not shape my story?

I don't think you really understand the point you think you're trying to make.
    Spot on m8. What I'm reading so far on this forum are vastly different experiences people are having. Look at all the opinions that people have over all the characters.

The abundance of minor changes to the story IMO accounts for it shaping the story. Look at the story like a colouring book. Every drawing in the book is the same, but the colours will different which each owner.

Lets wait till episode 5.
This discussion has been closed.