User Avatar Image

Suggestions on how to improve the forums

posted by ryannumber1gamer on - last edited - Viewed by 55.6K users
I made this thread so people can discuss how the fourms can be improved so i'll start off.

I think the classics part of the thread should be back in the main menu of the fourms with all the rest of the forums topics because since they are in the classics hardly anyone ever replys anymore to them.
1.8K Comments
  • A common grammatical mistake is confusing "your" and "thinking I want your grammatical advice."
  • User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator
    One of the improvements to community rules would in fact be that spelling correction is out of the scope of the forum, i.e. too off topic anywhere. Fuck it, the worst spellers in the TWD community have actually started correcting others. This must stop.

• Vainamoinen;680829 said:
    One of the improvements to community rules would in fact be that spelling correction is out of the scope of the forum, i.e. too off topic anywhere. Fuck it, the worst spellers in the TWD community have actually started correcting others. This must stop.

Wow. Now i know what Darth Marsden meant when he said to me that it was ironic that I helped a new member by fixing his posts.
  • ryannumber1gamer;680857 said:
    Wow. Now I know what Darth Marsden meant when he said to me that it was ironic that I helped a new member by fixing his posts.
    fixed.
  • Chyron8472;680896 said:
    fixed.
  • Chyron8472;680896 said:
    fixed.
    lol'd. And I don't do that as often as you think, so thanks!
  • It seems this thread has gone off the beaten path..

I think one thing that might improve the community is maybe doing something like doing live playthroughs and have community members interact? maybe?
  • Icedhope;680956 said:
    It seems this thread has gone off the beaten path..
    ...and that has made all the difference. :D
    I think one thing that might improve the community is maybe doing something like doing live playthroughs and have community members interact? maybe?
    We used to to that, with Monkey Island Races and such. I think it stopped when Guru stopped planning them.
  • If I could figure out a way to do a live playthrough of Drake, I'd be all for that for a future part. It'd be handy since I'm running out of things to say about it!
  • Chyron8472;680964 said:
    We used to to that, with Monkey Island Races and such. I think it stopped when Guru stopped planning them.
    Oversaturation. People wanted races in both the summer and the winter. Then, people wanted Sam & Max races. Eventually, as those subforums started to decline in activity and there was too many races going on, people stopped participating (the last Monkey Island race only had five participants, four of whom finished, and the Sam & Max race only had two), so I stopped running them, and there hasn't been enough interest to justify setting them up again.
Add Comment