User Avatar Image

Generic 'Telltale should make...' thread

posted by Stalkers on - last edited - Viewed by 27.2K users
Was this ever discussed as a potential license? The book series is immensely popular and I guess the license isn't too expensive since the TV series bombed. The stories contain quite a bit of detective work and therefore could probably easily adapted into a computer game, probably as a kind of side story to the ongoing story arc - I mean, there are tons of novellas and short stories already.
774 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • The Goonies would make a good game.
  • Noname215;678317 said:
    Clock Tower: An Interactive Psychological Horror Story

Would be a pretty good reboot.
    Actually....that would work within Telltale's current formula. The original is very QTE-ish in terms of having danger sequences where you have to run and hide, or escape. It was also based on the movies of Dario Argento, so it has its roots in the cinematic.

Ace Ventura already had an adventure game.
  • Secret Fawful;682557 said:
    Actually....that would work within Telltale's current formula. The original is very QTE-ish in terms of having danger sequences where you have to run and hide, or escape. It was also based on the movies of Dario Argento, so it has its roots in the cinematic.

Ace Ventura already had an adventure game.
    Well, how about The Goonies?
  • Sure, I don't see why not.
  • Actually, how could they come up with a new story that wouldn’t just be a rehash of the movie? As long as you don’t play as the movie character’s kids, I’ll be alright with it. Just do another legendary lost treasure.

Hey, maybe it could be that they are all on a vacation, and they end up in Costa Rica, on the Cocos Island, where all hat pirate treasure is located. Or maybe they could go to Connecticut to find Captain Kidd’s treasure.
  • And I am still sticking with my desire for an Indiana Jones game or a Sherlock Holmes game.
  • Noname215;682640 said:
    And I am still sticking with my desire for an Indiana Jones game or a Sherlock Holmes game.
    I wana BBC Sherlock game.
  • I'm still aching for Arrested Development: The Adventure Game.

Bonus points if you guys manage to tie it into the existing continuity of Seasons 1/2/3, as well as the future continuity of Season 4 on Netflix, and the movie.
  • I would love to also see a game based on the Original King Kong done by them, just imagine the adventure it could be on Skull Island!
  • Bloodline Video;683612 said:
    just imagine the adventure it could be on Skull Island!

That's a duck.
Add Comment