User Avatar Image

Which games are you currently playing?

posted by patters on - last edited - Viewed by 53.6K users
basically name a game or more that you are currently playing (or have been recently) and say what you think of it.

Prince of Persia (newest): It is OK, not as good as the last 3, the removal of death as a deterrent is irritating, I wish they had not done it, it seems like a way to appeal to "casuals". I think the combat is dry and repetitive also.

Smash Bros:brawl: Overall an excellent game, however a lot of the mechanics from melee worked better in my opinion

Halo Wars: the best RTS I have played on a console, over simplified compared to PC ones, although that is to be expected. It is a pity Ensemble don't exist anymore
3.6K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • der_ketzer;683630 said:
    Torchlight II
    I'm in the final chapter and getting closer to the end. Man this game is all I want from an Action RPG.
    Would you say it's much better or infinitely better than Diablo 3 (or somewhere in between)? I haven't gotten around to it yet, since I haven't had much time for RPGs lately, but I hope I'll be able to give it a go this Christmas.
  • Twilight Princess for Wii.

DC Universe Online for PS3.
  • flesk;683669 said:
    Would you say it's much better or infinitely better than Diablo 3 (or somewhere in between)? I haven't gotten around to it yet, since I haven't had much time for RPGs lately, but I hope I'll be able to give it a go this Christmas.
    I try to forget how bad Diablo 3 was. Torchlight 2 is a great game.
    They concentrate on the right things.
    They don't shove the story into your face all the time like D3.
    Unlike D3 you will find great items from the start. Also your attacks feel impactful. All of them.
    No auction house, no always on DRM, LAN mode, 6 man multiplayer (if you want to).
  • Replaying Strong Bad's Cool game for attractive people.
  • Dead Or Alive: Dimensions

Decided to pick it back up and practice a bit with Tina, and try the 100 Fight Survival once more.

97 wins! 97!

I was so, so very close. DAMMIT!

Lovely game though. :D
  • McPixel --> trying to get gold in every scene.
    I'm glad they let you retry after completing a scene until you got gold in all 6 in a chapter.
  • I've just played the demo for XCOM Enemy Unknown and as someone who put a lot of hours into Terror From the Deep (weirdly I never played UFO: Enemy Unknown despite playing Apocalypse & Interceptor when they came out) I have to say it does the original series justice. It plays a lot like I remember TFTD playing, just a hell of a lot prettier. I'm seriously considering getting the full game next month.
  • Tokyo Jungle - So far its very odd yet fun
  • Secret Fawful;681566 said:
    How could someone dislike Super Ghouls N Ghosts?
    I would say it's cos they don't like dieing over and over but the BGM for the first level is so awesome it takes all the frustration of going back to the start.
  • No game should be that difficult to survive and still have a lives counter. You want to make a game that punishing? It had better be closer to VVVVVV than Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts.
Add Comment