1.5K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Vainamoinen;684463 said:
    Graphically, the Witcher 2 was just wonderful.
    The Graphics are actually what keeps me from playing it. I tried a few minutes of the tutorial but I just hate the whole look of it. I don't like the faces, grass overgrows everything etc.
    I actually liked the style of the first game. If anyone can tell me how to go back to isometric in The Witcher 2 I'd be glad because that's how I played the first game.
  • I bought Outcast, but have yet to play it. I haven't had time for any games lately.....except for Black Mesa. :o

I noticed yesterday that a bunch of GoG games got updates. Most are just additional bonus content, but Painkiller gets an actual patch updater.
  • MusicallyInspired;684472 said:
    I bought Outcast, but have yet to play it.
    I loved it as a kid but I cheated and made me immortal too. Great world design but the graphics are almost unbearable today.
    Also great Soundtrack (that GoG ripped from the Play-Disc of the game).
    Also: I really wonder why Black Mesa is so popular. Maybe it's just replaying Half-Life (or playing it the first time) without low polygon graphics?
  • der_ketzer;684475 said:

Also: I really wonder why Black Mesa is so popular. Maybe it's just replaying Half-Life (or playing it the first time) without low polygon graphics?
    No, it's replaying a better version of Half Life 1 with better story, better NPCs, better interactions, better background events, better gameplay, better graphics, and better ties to the overall mythos.
  • Better humour as well. Don't forget that. But yeah, Black Mesa's everything a remake should be. Go play it.

I bought Outcast as while back, but I actually played it years ago. Got pretty far, too. Should probably give it another go at some point... along with all the other games I have kicking around.
  • I just can't seem to get into Half-life.

I start and then I get bored with it.
  • I thought Half-Life was the most innovative and most engaging FPS I've ever played. I still think so. Outdone only by Half-Life 2. And then that by its second episode. It's the feeling of exploration that draws me. Especially in HL2. There's something about exploring abandoned random areas be it an alien overrun research facility, a ruined post-apocalyptic city, a forest, zombie-infested town at nighttime, abandoned houses and docks near highways, or anything. And the story, its lore, its intrigue, its sci-fi-ness, its suspense, its scary factor was second to none. And the gameplay was incredibly well balanced and very fun.

I can't wait for Black Mesa: Xen.

Opposing Force was excellent as well.
  • User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator
    Darth Marsden;684466 said:
    Don't mention that name - you'll get my hopes up for no good reason. :(
    I'd support an Anachronox 2 kickstarter... but what I really want is a highly detailed, additional content ridden remake that adds another third to provide an ending.
  • Hope you still have some respect for Square Enix, because this weekend deal is all about them. 60% off almost everything in the Square Enix publisher catalogue. I say almost everything because of the obvious exclusions of Blood Omen 2, Startopia, Gangsters and Urban Chaos, since they were recently added onto the service.
Add Comment