User Avatar Image

So, why no new Bone games?

posted by Filthy Assistant on - last edited - Viewed by 1.8K users
I'm aware of the whole focusing on the great Sam and Max and crappy CSI games thing, but why stop Bone after The Great Cow Race? It isn't until after that when it would actually make a good game, since, you know that's when all the actual ADVENTURING starts.

Escaping from Rock Jaw, or perhaps controlling Phoney and Smiley while they're defending the city from the rat creatures (using puzzles, of course) would be more fun than hopping across stones as a bug. In fact, the minigames in general should be axed.

Just my opinion, though.
27 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Art
    Hi,

Me again. The books are so good, why stop the games!?
    They'll do it, hopefully.
  • We're not working on any new Bone games right now. It's a great license and we all love the books, but we found that it doesn't work as well for the type of episodic games we're currently focusing on (monthly releases, downloads from the internet, etc.) as Sam & Max and the other licenses we're doing.
  • Perhaps you'll be slightly annoyed thinking that we don't completely understand Emily, but perhaps in another way you'll realize Telltale does have people who are genuinely interested in seeing the Bone games come back to life. I really do hope you find time in the future to work on them again; there are just such few, simple-yet-charming games that make you smile anymore... :)
  • Oh no, I'm not annoyed at all. :) We know there are people who would like more Bone games, and I wish I had a better answer for you guys.
  • Would more sells motivate the chances of seeing a 3rd episode?
  • User Avatar Image
    Art
    Hi,

So are you saying no more bone games or not?:confused:
    I got the games, they are awesome!!!:D
  • Art;67948 said:
    Hi,

So are you saying no more bone games or not?:confused:
    I got the games, they are awesome!!!:D
    Emily;67268 said:
    We're not working on any new Bone games right now.

I think Emily already answered your question...
  • User Avatar Image
    Art
    Molokov;67953 said:
    I think Emily already answered your question...
    Hi,
    Oh,so they're going to make more bone games in the future.:o
    What is Sam & Max?:confused:
  • Art;68587 said:
    Hi,
    Oh,so they're going to make more bone games in the future.:o
    What is Sam & Max?:confused:
    ... Uh, no. The answer was "We're not making any right now and we don't have any plans to do so." Basically, you won't see them for quite some time if at all.
    And how are you on here and not know what Sam & Max is?
  • Guybrush Threepwood;48803 said:
    As everybody knows, internet petitions always* work, so sign the one in my signature!

*not true.
    I signed, you are ten short from 300!
Add Comment