User Avatar Image

Choose Your Own Ending...?

posted by zgamer on - last edited - Viewed by 1.8K users
I am fully aware of the programming complications of doing branching narratives and I am sure this will not be a truly deviating narrative at the end. Still, how much do you think the end will vary based on our choices? Will it just be a rigid 'only one ending' type of conclusion or do you think there is room for variation?

I personally would like for a slight chance for different endings based on your choices. It doesn't have to be something that carries all through Episode 5, but maybe the last several minutes and/or epilogue radically alter based on who is alive and how Lee has affected the story.

Any thoughts on how much variation will be in the ending?
26 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • a) lee and clem are friends

b) lee and clem are enemies

a2) lee has regrets on certain deaths by his hand

b2) lee doesn't give a rats ass about anyone
  • No variation on the ending, the variation comes on everything leading to the ending. Just like the ending of the first three episodes.
  • It's going to be a linear ending. I wonder how this is going to all play out.
  • I don't really care, so long as it's a good story. I prefer to be surprised.
  • As long as it's good, I don't care.
  • Hopefully it's actually any good though.
  • Cyreen;686541 said:
    I don't really care, so long as it's a good story. I prefer to be surprised.
    I couldn't choose the end of Monkey Island or Sam and Max season 3. Both endings blew me away. I'm sure I'll be happy with what they have planned.
  • Nope, it will be a linear ending, you & Clementine going in the boat then driving out in the river/lake/whatever.

Then: Duuun, dun dun dun, duuun. The survivors have escaped!
  • Brohan;686676 said:
    Nope, it will be a linear ending, you & Clementine going in the boat then driving out in the river/lake/whatever.

Then: Duuun, dun dun dun, duuun. The survivors have escaped!
    Whoo! Most headshots!
  • Lee is forced to choose to either

A.Release a special Virus that will make all the Walkers Obediant and Docile Allowing Lee to CONTROL them but by doing this Lee will also become a walker.

B. Release a special Virus that will DESTROY all the Walkers but Clementine will die as well.

C. Lee Reaches SYNTHESIS with a Virus that will make all humans Immune to the Virus. But he dies in the process.

D. Lee REBEL's against the Virus Generator and goes on his own way and the Virus wipes out the Earth

No matter what you choose the rest of the gang ends up stranded on a deserted island
This discussion has been closed.