User Avatar Image

You have just entered The Walking Dead and you need a weapon.

posted by Yertos on - last edited - Viewed by 4.9K users
What is your weapon of choice? Can be anything to a simple stick to an RPG. Can be ranged or melee, but keep in mind you only have the one and once it's gone its hand-to-hand combat for you, a new weapon is not an option in this scenario so make it count. Keep in mind if you choose a ranged weapon you can re-supply but depending on your choice, it might be difficult to locate. Also give your current location as that can factor in to what is available around you.

For me I choose the simple steel crowbar. Light weight and versatile. I am currently residing in the east coast of Canada, but really a crowbar can be found just about anywhere.
100 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I don't think a spider will help you.
  • Something medium to long-range, silent, reusable, preferably able to take out a group, that's what's ideal but no such weapon exists. I think we had this conversation before and I said that you need 3. 1 long-range, 1 short-range and one multi-target.

1 crossbow (you'll have to get the bolts back)
    1 sword
    Petrol and matches (for massed herds)

And I'd throw a screwdriver in there too, swords are no good in confined spaces.
  • im safe for the most part if there was a zombie apocalypse, I can simply hide in the wearhouse that my family runs, no windows big sliding doors, awesome :)
    Honestly my biggest concerns would be living in a big city (Houston) and finding food
  • DreadMagus;689483 said:
    I don't think a spider will help you.
    Charlotte as in the gun that Danny St.John was using :rolleyes:
  • Yeah, like I'm supposed to remember the name of a deranged cannibal's overly loved phallic symbol :p
  • AR-15(Good Ole 5.56) Living in Texas I have found there is at least one in every neighborhood so rounds are aplenty at any sporting good store and magazine capacity gives me the option to take down a crowd that is attracted by the first shot.
  • My breath. Its most effective in close range engagements. When I wake up it can also be used in long range situations.
  • DreadMagus;689467 said:
    Actually, I was thinking more of the utility of the tool. :D

If I'm in a ZA, combat is not my first choice in any situation.

And if I have to fight, I'm gonna knock it aside and run. :D
    This. There would be very few moments when I would actually be trying to kill a walker, in most cases I'd slip by or run away, and a crowbar would wourk fine in knocking a walker down if not killing it, plus it would be useful as the actual took it's meant for :P. Worst case I'm trapped with one use the straight end as a stabbing weapon straight to the eyeball.
  • Yertos;689531 said:
    This. There would be very few moments when I would actually be trying to kill a walker, in most cases I'd slip by or run away, and a crowbar would wourk fine in knocking a walker down if not killing it, plus it would be useful as the actual took it's meant for :P. Worst case I'm trapped with one use the straight end as a stabbing weapon straight to the eyeball.
    But what if you meet a Bandit and he starts shooting at you? don't forget walkers aren't the only enemy
This discussion has been closed.