User Avatar Image

Anybody Mad at Clem?

posted by Red Panda on - last edited - Viewed by 1.2K users
Here's the deal: Lee has warned and told Clem this guy is dangerous, her parents are gone, and not to run off. She's being doing it anyway all season and now she's kidnapped.

I think she gets now Lee was right.

Except now Lee is bitten looking for her and is going to die. The sickness comes on fast and hits hard. Duck died in less than 24 hours. Lee is going to spend his last moments looking for Clem (for as long as he has the strength).

Love or not, how can Lee not be a little resentful?

Even if they're reunited, and Lee isn't upset, this will haunt Clem the rest of her life. The older she gets the more she'll realize how foolish she's been and the more it will hurt.
80 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Siniistar;693530 said:
    can you really blame her though?

I mean yeah she cares about lee and all and listens to him, but at the end of the day those are her parents and she needs closure at some point, so some creeper reaching out to her with "information" on her parents would be pretty hard to just pass up i'd imagine.
    Yes. Easily, in fact. First, she doesn't listen. She has been doing things on her own all season. She hid the fact a guy has been communicating with her. She opened the door to the train station in ep 3. She ran away to the backyard. The girl is hard headed.

Second, her parents are most likely dead. Finding them is like looking for a piece of hay in a needle stack. Not only is there a very small chance of finding them, especially alive, it is super dangerous to look. Closure? She needs to think about living, not sentimental suicide missions.

Third, I get the appeal, especially to one so young. Maybe that's on Lee for not doing more. He should have taken the battery out of the walkie-talkie. He could have stressed how dangerous it was more. Something. Perhaps he let love cloud his judgement.
  • ITIATT;693541 said:
    Lee was going to jail before this for killing a man. He wants to redeem himself by saving clem.
    Ok, you just made that up.
  • Acadias;693521 said:
    Clementine never makes me angry, She does tell me who to be angry at though.
    I bet.
  • Red Panda;693537 said:
    That's human nature. Who doesn't get mad while dying? Have never witnessed people dying? It's part of the process. If you're not mad you're going to day you must have hated life. Everything you love will be gone and there's so much you'll never get to do.
    Not everybody gets mad at death, don't assume things my dear. You know what they say about assuming? People have different perspectives.
  • Well, after all that Lee has done for her she deserted him, and he essentially dies because of her.

The nihilism of the story is getting a bit much....
  • ItsMeArmani;693555 said:
    Not everybody gets mad at death, don't assume things my dear. You know what they say about assuming? People have different perspectives.
    Wow. This is wrong on so many levels.
  • Red Panda;693561 said:
    I'm not mad at clem but I honestly would have myself live then her. But that ain't happening.
  • ITIATT;693565 said:
    I'm not mad at clem but I honestly would have myself live then her. But that ain't happening.
    I agree. I would gladly forfeit my life to save hers or anybody elses.
  • First of all, she's what...eight? I'd say she's behaving pretty well consider it's a zombie apocalypse. Also...
    Red Panda;693561 said:
    No, Itsmearmani is right. Granted, I've only witnessed one death in my life but it was enough to know that not everybody responds with anger. People handle things differently, including death.

Especially during a zombie apocalypse.
  • BlankCanvasDJ;693581 said:
    First of all, she's what...eight? I'd say she's behaving pretty well consider it's a zombie apocalypse. Also...

No, Itsmearmani is right. Granted, I've only witnessed one death in my life but it was enough to know that not everybody responds with anger. People handle things differently, including death.

Especially during a zombie apocalypse.
    So, if you slept with somebody with HIV/AIDS and they knew they had it and didn't tell you, and you contracted the virus, you wouldn't be mad?

If you knew you were going to die tomorrow for whatever reason you wouldn't be mad?

Get real.
This discussion has been closed.