User Avatar Image

The puzzel lvl of the new game

posted by Anonymous on - last edited - Viewed by 2.2K users
how hard are the puzzels going to be in the new game... like Sam and Max Hits the Road or like the Bone games???

I think the Bone games puzzels were way to easy..

i would like something like the old game...
50 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Anonymous
    Yeah I love being stuck on a puzzle..having to walk away..take a break from the game..and then while you are doin somethin else..an idea hits you..so you rush back and see if it works.. I don't think I've had to do that while playing a game since grim fandango.. :p
  • User Avatar Image
    Anonymous
    Yeah i did that once. I was in the shower and it hit me! So i ran over to the computer *in a towel* and put in the game and I tried it. And it worked. Yay!
  • User Avatar Image
    Anonymous
    *sigh*

I'm never going to live this down. :(
    Don't dispair!
    Those games still exist, are more than playable, and offer a very rewarding sense of gratification once completed.

If you get the chance, they're well worth looking into (as I'm sure other people have already told you)
    :)
  • User Avatar Image
    Anonymous
    Oh yeah and Discworld 1/2 are perfect examples of fiendishly hard puzzle solving. I want a game not a point and click talking picture book.
    There -is- quite a big grey area between 'fiendishly hard puzzles' and 'talking picture book', you know.
  • User Avatar Image
    Anonymous
    Do it; get them off eBay or something.

I think SCUMVMM or whatever it's called allows you to play the older Lucasarts adventure games on Windows XP
  • User Avatar Image
    Anonymous
    [quote]
    There are plenty of old adventure games that I am planning to play, that I missed because I was to young. DOTT, Discworld, Full Throttle etc. Don't you dare spoiling them for me just because you think they are obsolete.
    Wow, what are you doing here then? If you've got those three games to play and more, you won't need anything else for a while. Discworld and Full Throttle aren't really that long, but DoTT'll have you playing for ages. If I recall correct.[/quote]

I'm here because I am a huge fan of adventure games, and want the genre to start living again.

But can't you just put a "spoilers inside" on threads like these? I hate the arrogance of people who think it's their right to spoil things for other people.
  • User Avatar Image
    Anonymous
    But can't you just put a "spoilers inside" on threads like these? I hate the arrogance of people who think it's their right to spoil things for other people.
    Fair enough. Oh, and at the end of the game giant martians come down from outer space and zap everyone with their ray-guns, then the whole world blows up.

(I make a joke)
  • I have the games. I'm playing Sam & Max with ScummVM right now.

Just don't have enough hours in the day...
  • Do it at work and call it 'research'.
  • User Avatar Image
    Anonymous
    My thoughts exactly.
Add Comment