User Avatar Image

Legend of Zelda Megathread - Adoring Fan Edition

posted by Chyron8472 on - last edited - Viewed by 16.7K users
I thought we should have a thread to discuss the Legend of Zelda games, especially with Skyward Sword so close!
782 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Oh dear, that is just so wrong.

Almost as wrong as making a playthrough using the name Ganon.
  • Chyron8472;689863 said:
    EDIT: also, sailing isn't that big a deal in Wind Waker because, unlike Skyward Sword, you can just set your sail and let the game do all the work of getting you there.
    I've tried that, and ended up swimming, courtesy of a Gyorg (or a Seahat).
  • Murray the Chao;694878 said:
    I've tried that, and ended up swimming, courtesy of a Gyorg (or a Seahat).
    yes, but that's only an occasional issue, whereas flying in Skyward Sword requires constant attention or else you go nowhere.
  • Chyron8472;694884 said:
    yes, but that's only an occasional issue, whereas flying in Skyward Sword requires constant attention or else you go nowhere.
    That's actually what I like about it. I dislike the overworld where you can just set the controller down.
  • Bumping with relevant news. In a Nintendo Direct presentation today, it was revealed that the Wii U Zelda game is supposedly going back to the roots of the series, looking at things like the linear progression through dungeons and such. No real info other than vague promises.

What ISN'T vague is that we will get something to tide us over. Nintendo is upping The Wind Waker to HD to release on the Wii U this Fall. And it looks amazing.

A couple of screenshots. Chose small sized ones for forum courtesy.
  • I saw that story yesterday and I'd need to see it in motion before I can really judge how it looks. Screenshots can be deceptive and as pretty as they look, I'm concerned about the cell-shaded art style being lost or diminished somewhat due to the HD process.

My biggest question though is: Why Wind Waker, possibly the most decisive game the franchise has ever had?
  • You were expecting maybe Majora's Mask?
  • Wind Waker is the oldest game in the series that would look awesome in HD without totally redoing everything. It makes sense to me.
  • Chyron8472;765556 said:
    You were expecting maybe Majora's Mask?
    Not that I would buy it, but yeah, actually. I kinda was.
Add Comment