User Avatar Image

Okay TellTale is so cruel to be honest

posted by Joshua1991 on - last edited - Viewed by 589 users
Okay after an hour of my first play of Ep 4 I felt really sick in my stomach letting Ben die like that just because of a personal vendetta the group and myself had with him.

did anybody else feel that way afterwards?
31 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Strange, I did not let him die for the same reason that I wanted to kill him.
    But really, when I saved him, I thought I'd go back just to drop it down ...
    I saved him, but dedicate my signature to hate him.
    this game is incredible
  • To be fair, Ben's demise, if you let it happen, is pretty horrific, but the decision itself didn't have much tension. There was no, 'do I have time to save him, or will the walkers get me/someone else before I do?' type pressure. I was just waiting for the 'SAVE' option to appear and didn't hesitate once it did.

I saved him for the same reason I showed the group Lee's bite - it's better for someone to leave the group and at least have a fighting chance, than be bumped off a la Carley.
  • BlindOptimism;692520 said:
    To be fair, Ben's demise, if you let it happen, is pretty horrific, but the decision itself didn't have much tension. There was no, 'do I have time to save him, or will the walkers get me/someone else before I do?' type pressure. I was just waiting for the 'SAVE' option to appear and didn't hesitate once it did.

I saved him for the same reason I showed the group Lee's bite - it's better for someone to leave the group and at least have a fighting chance, than be bumped off a la Carley.
    Yeah, it wasn't astense/immediate as it could have been....though I guess making a split second decision wasn't the point.
  • I had always been waiting on Ben to get in over his head and die. When this came up and he said "Lee, you know what has to be done" I felt a little proud of him. He was a huge liability and knew it. He made the right choice and I honored it. I'm glad Clem understood.
  • I could imagine returning to Crawford belltower so I can throw down Ben's corpse one more time... a third if he is zombified.
  • I saved Ben. That was a big moment for players to face their morality. Ben asked to be dropped because he was suicidally depressed from guilt and was looking for a way to die. He wasn't in his right mind. If you dropped him because you hated him, had a vendetta, or supported Kenny losing more of his humanity by murdering a kid for him, that's fine, but it's wrong to use the words of a suicidal person to ease the guilt.

Did anyone drop Ben because they thought there wasn't enough time to save him? It looks like there was plenty of time. However, if you dropped him for that reason, then you didn't murder him and don't need to feel guilty. In TWD, survival is more important than morality.
  • User Avatar Image
    Thadeum BANNED
    I saved him and then I killed him.

After my first playthrough, which is the most instinctive playthrough, usually where Lee is a nice guy, I go on the "Bastard Lee", shouting on everyone, caring of noone, killing whoever he can.

Way to have different experiences xD
  • I saved Ben too and agree this choice had a strong morale choice of forgiving someone for stupid choices and mistakes they made while trying to do right by everyone. Ben wasn't an ass and he certainly didn't try and harm the group. He was a kid...not even out of high school, I couldn't drop him during my initial play through, it was the wrong thing to do.

I mean the kid came clean to Kenny even after my objections to doing so, he had a good heart and his guilt was killing him. Even if I wanted him dead (I did want to beat him slightly when he came clean to me on the train) I wouldn't have dropped him into walkers, I'd only do that to my worst enemy like the fool who has Clem....I will tie him up and lock myself in a room with him to exact my revenge when I turn.
  • Thadeum;695911 said:
    I saved him and then I killed him.

After my first playthrough, which is the most instinctive playthrough, usually where Lee is a nice guy, I go on the "Bastard Lee", shouting on everyone, caring of noone, killing whoever he can.

Way to have different experiences xD
    Haha, that is how I play my second run through too!! :D
  • Demonseed;695916 said:
    I saved Ben too and agree this choice had a strong morale choice of forgiving someone for stupid choices and mistakes they made while trying to do right by everyone. Ben wasn't an ass and he certainly didn't try and harm the group. He was a kid...not even out of high school, I couldn't drop him during my initial play through, it was the wrong thing to do.

I mean the kid came clean to Kenny even after my objections to doing so, he had a good heart and his guilt was killing him. Even if I wanted him dead (I did want to beat him slightly when he came clean to me on the train) I wouldn't have dropped him into walkers, I'd only do that to my worst enemy like the fool who has Clem....I will tie him up and lock myself in a room with him to exact my revenge when I turn.
    Ben really grows a pair at the school.

"How man are out there! The plan changes every time walkers show up!" He confronted Kenny about the plan, while not smart, is braver than he has been so far. He wilted every time another group member said something.

Then he confesses to Kenny. I even told him to shut up, and he just shouts "Fuck you Lee!" Asshoe Ben is takin' no prisoners.
This discussion has been closed.