User Avatar Image

The Great Sherlock Thread

posted by Ribs on - last edited - Viewed by 10.3K users
Oh, hello, I didn't see you there!

You either clicked on this thread for one of three reasons. You either;
A. Was curious about it's contents and had no interest in the topic.
B. Thought this thread was discussing the Ritchie films
or C. Wished to discuss the masterful BBC and PBS produced 'Sherlock' series, ran by Mark Gatiss and Steven Moffat and starring Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman.

[CENTER]image[/CENTER]

If you chose Option C, you are correct! That's right, the fantastic adventures of Sherlock and Dr. Watson shall continue starting New Years Day on BBC1 and each Sunday thereafter for a whopping three further weeks (insert 'Wow! Three Whole Weeks!'s)

If you've yet to experience the pure joy of the first series, it is available on Netflix streaming and on DVD (Amazon: US and UK).

Now then, let's get to the discussion, eh! Why not start with some thoughts on the first episode, Steven Moffat's "A Study in Pink"?
248 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Darth Marsden;688358 said:
    So the second episode of Elementary... better than the first. Seems to be settling into a quite watchable show.
    Downloaded it to watch tonight. I didn't watch last weeks because I haven't watched a pilot of a new show I may want to watch in... a year and a half, now? Because Pilots are consistently awful. I've got good expectations. I've no reason to see why these shows can't exist and this can't function as just an enjoyable procedural, the same as the Mentalist or Hawaii Five-O (although Person of Interest still doesn't get a pass because I want eccentric billionaires dammit).
  • There should be a Sherlock game using the Arkham City engine. Not the swinging from building to building but a large area to roam and have detective scan mode to find clues.
  • coolsome;697903 said:
    There should be a Sherlock game using the Arkham City engine. Not the swinging from building to building but a large area to roam and have detective scan mode to find clues.
    You're missing an oppurtunity, don't change any mechanics or aesthetic decisions from Arkham City, only change it to the main character is referred to as Sherlock Holmes.
  • Ribs;697933 said:
    You're missing an oppurtunity, don't change any mechanics or aesthetic decisions from Arkham City, only change it to the main character is referred to as Sherlock Holmes.
    Moriarty is Joker Irene can be Talia (or Catwoman) and Watson can be Robin and Mrs Hudson will be Alfred.
  • coolsome;697938 said:
    Moriarty is Joker Irene can be Talia (or Catwoman) and Watson can be Robin and Mrs Hudson will be Alfred.
    No don't be silly change absolutely nothing about the game other than re-dubbing it to be Sherlock Holmes instad of Batman.
  • Somehow, awesome as Sherlock Holmes is, I can't see him using zipping around Gotham and beating up robots.

UNLESS it was a drug-induced fantasy. That I'd buy.
  • This would be a good place to point out that I thought Sherlock's Moriarty was really original until I realized he's basically The Riddler
  • Pick TV have changed their schedules since the "Radio Times" went to press, at least one episode of "Elementary" will be shown in two weeks' time.
  • http://www.teefury.com/index.php?pid=1935 interesting mash-up tshirt. Not something I would have thought of but it's a nice pose for his coat
  • I’ve been thinking about staying a member of the Sherlock Holmes society.
Add Comment