User Avatar Image

Should Omid have died?

posted by fishmahboi on - last edited - Viewed by 1.4K users
After watching the fourth episode of the Walking Dead and following the scene whereas Omid is shown to have died from his infection, but is in fact alive I got the feeling that his sudden burst of life was out of nowhere and illogical.

For one he appeared to have no pulse (shown by Christa checking his wrist and making a worried face) along with a lack of breathing and then suddenly he wakes up, even if he had been asleep I am sure he would have been woken up by everyone entering the room and thus his springing to life was completely out of nowhere in my opinion which I believe in terms of the walking dead is unrealistic.

Another thing is that it took the survivors a whole night to get the medication to Omid and if one takes not of the state he was in prior to their leaving there was very little chance of survival and thus when he was just lying still on the bed it would have made more sense for him to be dead than just sleeping.

That is my general opinion on the scene itself. What do you guys think about this scene?
31 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • He DID die.

He's part of a new evolution of Walkers who have become aware of their former human lives. He plans to wait until they let their guard down and devour all of them.
  • No! No death for Omid! But I can't vote because I don't think Crawford would have been pointless, and I don't think he's unstable, I mean how? Kenny is more unstable then Omid is.
  • Yertos;698075 said:
    No! No death for Omid! But I can't vote because I don't think Crawford would have been pointless, and I don't think he's unstable, I mean how? Kenny is more unstable then Omid is.
    With regards unstable I was referring to Christa who would become unstable if Omid had died more or less like Kenny when Katja and Duck died.
  • No, because..no. He was just exhausted from all the walking, and his body fighting infection. I'm glad he didn't die.
  • I'm glad he didn't die as well, I feel like its kinda my fault he got hurt. I pushed him from the bridge.
  • I'm glad he didn't die, really glad. He and Christa are actually pretty cool.
  • Can he die? I chose to ask Vernon for help getting out of the sewers so I wonder what happens if you leave on your own.
  • I like Omid, but the point I WILL make is that if you leave Clementine behind, a walker breaks in and she saves Omid by killing it. It seems really stupid to me that, if you TAKE Clementine, that just doesn't happen. The only explanation for this I'll accept is that later in ep 5 we find out the walkie talkie man let that zombie in to try to take her out.

So, yes, if you brought Clem with you, I think he should have died. And Christa should never forgive you for that.
  • or Clementine was being loud or something iunno, Omid is sick on the upper floor no one would hear him.

Clementine was doing kids stuff downstairs and must have made a loud noise.
  • Galdis;698128 said:
    Can he die? I chose to ask Vernon for help getting out of the sewers so I wonder what happens if you leave on your own.
    No you need him to come with you, either by threatening him at gun point or mentioning Clem.
This discussion has been closed.