User Avatar Image

Can't download episode 4

posted by randomblack1 on - last edited - Viewed by 6.8K users
When I click on "Get" in the in-game downloader, it gives me an error message saying "Check internet connection". My internet connection is obviously good, though... Any ideas?
218 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Started day 4 with no change on my game and no response from TTG
    DjNDB;697167 said:
    Here's a simple workaround for the instant "connection lost" issue.
    Trying this now, started at 1% now all the way to 74% with no snags or cutting out. If this works TTG owes you a medal.
  • WORKS!! You do need a medal!!!! Thank you so much, downloaded perfectly and now I can spend my Sunday indoors playing this like a normal person :):) xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • endlessmike;697046 said:
    Up to 10%. They must have changed something cause I was not getting past 0.00%.
    100% !!!! :cool:
  • DjNDB;697167 said:
    Here's a simple workaround for the instant "connection lost" issue.

Doesn't work for me!
  • spawner;696447 said:

Re-try it maybe you missed something or anything. Make sure the game isn't running when you do this

So I tried this again and it seems to have worked. You are officially my new personal hero! Thanks!
  • Just noting I played the whole ep 4 with no incident thanks to you, DjNDB!! :):)
  • Because of TTG:s message I just thught I'd give it another try. (I have played ep4 with the workaround.) Interestingly it still will not download.

TTG: Your advice regarding how to solve this problem is utterly useless. The issue is not on our side.
  • This is outrageous. After repeatedly being told I don't have an account, then being told I can't get the episode yet, I have to deal with this issue where it won't download the episode?? I'm attempting the solution posted above, but I'm furious at Telltale games for not fixing this sooner. I shouldn't have to manually fix this myself, the game should work when it's released!
    I've tried to avoid spoilers, but since I've had to wait so long to play it, I've ended up seeing some MAJOR spoilers for episode four, which really pisses me off.
    Telltale games, you've caused me so much frustration and anger. I will NEVER buy anything from you again. It's so much easier, and cheaper, to just watch a game I like on youtube. You guys are terrible, and I hope you feel ashamed at how much stress and anger you've caused some people here.
  • Hopefully they get it working tomorrow for those of us who don't want to try the work around, or for those that it didn't work for. I have been able to avoid all spoilers and I won't have a problem continuing to do that, but I'm still hoping to play soon!
  • still being shown that I have no license for the game.... eh i didnt actually expect telltale to fix anything anyway
This discussion has been closed.