1.5K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Thought so. Bugger that then. I'm not paying $35 just for a couple of games I half want. Might go for it if/when the price goes down.
  • Yeah, that's weak. All the good stuff is in tier 3.
  • They say $34.99 is the "best deal", but the full pack is $1.09 per game.

$1 for the first 8 is less than 13 cents per game.

$11.19 for the first 20 is less than 56 cents per game.(using the current number as of this post)

The beat the average pack is really good. Not to say they didn't hold back the most popular titles for the top tier, but that $23 difference is a pretty big leap. It's easy to justify with the Fallout games, Sacrifice, Freespace, and Descent on that list, but still, the Average pack contains some real gems and you should definitely consider.
    Gibbeynator;702379 said:
    Yeah, that's weak. All the good stuff is in tier 3.
    Strongly disagree. All the POPULAR stuff is in Tier 3. A lot of the good stuff was spread into Tier 2.
  • User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator
    Downloading PUDDLE right now.
  • Rather Dashing;702385 said:
    Strongly disagree. All the POPULAR stuff is in Tier 3. A lot of the good stuff was spread into Tier 2.
    Ah, but almost all the stuff I actually want is in Tier 3. I'll wait for the inevitable price drop.
  • Rather Dashing;702375 said:

$1-$Average
    JAGGED ALLIANCE 2: UNFINISHED BUSINESS

$Average-$34.98
    FREESPACE + EXPANSION
    GIANTS: CITIZEN KABUTO
    DESCENT 3 + EXPANSION
    STONEKEEP
    MESSIAH
    EARTHWORM JIM 3D

$34.99
    FALLOUT
    FALLOUT 2
    FALLOUT TACTICS
    FREESPACE 2
    DESCENT + DESCENT 2
    SACRIFICE
    EARTHWORM JIM 1 + 2
    MDK
    MDK 2
    Those are quite good / I am interested in those / or I already own several copies of those.
  • Darth Marsden;702406 said:
    Ah, but almost all the stuff I actually want is in Tier 3. I'll wait for the inevitable price drop.
    People have been buying it, but that price hasn't budged an inch. I think the 35 dollar price tag might be a fixed price.
  • Darth Marsden;702406 said:
    This is operating under a different ruleset than the Divinity promo, which seems like it was a test of sorts for this one. The $35 mark seems to be fixed. The one that might "raise" or "drop" is the Average, which contains a still not bad selection of Infocom games.
  • Well, then I won't buy it at all. I have limits. Sort of.
  • Darth Marsden;702414 said:
    I have limits.
    :eek: I never knew.
Add Comment