User Avatar Image

The Road To Woodbury

posted by tragictwist on - last edited - Viewed by 1.2K users
Anybody read it yet? I heard Lilly acts like a very different character... and I'm sure most of us have heard by now that the Lilly in this novel has a different backstory.

I'd read it myself, but I can't afford to spend any extra money right now. I need to know if it's really a different Lilly!! :D
32 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Sadly Kirkman has decided to ignore and invalidate game Lilly, the book one is a totally differnt character.
  • I would agree. If the game is considered comic-cannon then the game Lilly is definitely not the one referenced in the "Road To Woodbury" novel.
  • Throwing it on my X-mas list.
  • I think someone from TellTale said that this Lilly is now a different person than the character from the comics so they could keep it canon. I'm fine with that, but Kirkman needs to get his shit together imo.
  • Damn it. I was originally thought that this Lilly would be from the game. Looks like a completely new character. Kirkman entirely forgot the canon of the game. Which is...good. I don't want him messing around with Telltale's characters.
  • Zeruis;702494 said:
    Damn it. I was originally thought that this Lilly would be from the game. Looks like a completely new character. Kirkman entirely forgot the canon of the game. Which is...good. I don't want him messing around with Telltale's characters.
    Kirkman's not messing with TellTale's character, TellTale is messing with his.
    Lilly appears in the comic (albeit briefly), and the game was supposed to show the backstory of Lilly, but the book contradicted it.
  • Well now Lilly can can comeback! lol
  • Sox&Rocks22;702486 said:
    I think someone from TellTale said that this Lilly is now a different person than the character from the comics so they could keep it canon. I'm fine with that, but Kirkman needs to get his shit together imo.
    This is Kirkman's intellectual property. It's TTs job to keep it cannon
  • I'm about half way through the book now. It's pretty good so far...

I think Kirkman screwed TTG over with the whole Lilly thing. The road to woodbury Lilly is not the same as the TTG Lilly. Regardless, opens the door for TTG to bring Lilly back and shows once again that TTG can create very interesting characters for their games.
This discussion has been closed.