User Avatar Image

If they cut off Hershel's leg in the comics/TV show, why not Lee's arm?

posted by masterofceremonies on - last edited - Viewed by 4K users
You can chalk it up to just simply being a different group of people, and I guess it has been less time than the chronology from the TV show/comics (what I estimate as 4 months as compared to 10 months with Rick & Co.), but I feel like having Lee die is kind of a cop out when they could just sever his arm the way they did with Hershel's leg and later Rick's arm in the comics. Granted, it makes for a much more emotionally impactful story, but given what we know about the Walking Dead universe, Lee could live yet.
34 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I bet they could do that, but like Ben said, "I've got a bad feeling about this."
  • all i see there is a black rick... you know? TWD already made their main character without a hand. it would seems pretty lazy to just do it with Lee
  • Because Lee's arm is HOLY CRAP, SPOILER!
  • I think it's because for one, they don't know of that possibility and probably wouldn't want to risk it. Also his main priority is finding Clem, having his arm cut off and healed, along with the chance of dying, would take too much time; he doesn't know where Clementine is, and he doesn't want to waste a second.

Secondly, if they were to think of that possibility now, that they could cut his arm off, it's probably too far now. The infection has spread to much into his bloodstream that it's impossible to stop now.
  • In the comics they didn't cut of herschel's leg. It was Dale's, crazy old bastard. Gave him a nice peg to.

In the game there were no bite victims (no limbs). It's a big risk cutting of an arm. There is no one with medical experience. Hè could die of infection.
  • Vernon could always come back and fix Lee up if they had to cut off his arm.
  • Makamba;705367 said:
    In the comics they didn't cut of herschel's leg. It was Dale's, crazy old bastard. Gave him a nice peg to.

In the game there were no bite victims (no limbs). It's a big risk cutting of an arm. There is no one with medical experience. Hè could die of infection.
    That's completely my bad, Makamba. Thanks for the correction. I remembered the peg, and after watching tonight's episode I was reminded of that! Completely agree that with this group's experiences, they may simply not have discovered that severing a limb is an option to stop the infection, as well as the fact that Lee's first priority is finding Clem as opposed to healing himself.

Either way, can't wait for the conclusion. And I'll pull a reverse TWD-forum-troll by demanding more Monkey Island!! Love me some Guybrush (and for that matter, Laura Bow -- LONG LIVE ADVENTURE GAMING).
  • I don't understand why they cut off anything. They said they are all infected already and when they die they will come back. The show doesn't make sense.
  • Because zombie bites are lethal if the infection spreads.
  • BlankCanvasDJ;705551 said:
    Because zombie bites are lethal if the infection spreads.
    yeah , think of a zombie bite as an instant gangrene, it needs to be removed or it will kill you
This discussion has been closed.